So it looks like I'll be spending New Year's yn Cymru

Ok. According to the journey planner, it’s right. I think I’m just a bit confused! That suits me fine. See you then!

Hey, just letting you know my train has been delayed because of the flooding. I have no idea when I’ll get into Mach. Hopefully I’ll still make it before you’ll need to go to class.

Okay, thanks for letting me know.

Hi Karla, they tell me you are coming on a minibus but they don’t know what time you will arrive. I will be waiting in a cafe until 1.15. Do you have my number? SMS generally works in Mach.

Helen and I were sad not to meet you today Karla. We were in Siop Alys just in case. I hope the rest of your trip goes well. Welsh classes are held Tuesday nights at the Celtic club in Melbourne. They start back in Feb with the new school term. Send me a private message and I’ll give you an email contact. I will be back in Aus March 10th and will be tiwtoring again after that. Watch out you don’t get too good, or you may be roped in too. Our recent most successful SSIW learner is already helping out big time.

We also have an Aussie Skype chat once a week. You’d be welcome to join us. Others are looking after it in my absence. The details are on the forum.

Enjoy the rest of the stay. Sorry we didn’t catch up!

3 Likes

@Karla here are many topics about Aussie Skype chats on this forum, but I’ve choosen out (I believe so) the most recent and relevant.

All the rest are way older.

Hope you can find some info about Aussie Skype chats which might come handy.

Hwyl.

1 Like

I’m so sorry I couldn’t make it! The minibus was so late I nearly missed my connection. I’d definitely be interested in the classes - after the ymarfer I have had in Cymru up until now, I’d really like to incorporate it more into my daily life!

I’ll make sure to drop into the Celtic club once I get back! :smile:

1 Like

Diolch, Tatjana. That’s very helpful. :smile:

1 Like

Hi Karla! Sorry to hear you had a few hassles with the transport and flooding. Did you make it to Llandeilo ok?

1 Like

Lovely to meet you last week, Karla - and you timed it perfectly, because on Tuesday Catrin and I both came down with the plague, and it’s only today that we feel there’s a fighting chance that we’re going to survive after all…

I haven’t passed your details on to Ffion yet (because, plague) but I’ll do so today, and we’ll see what happens. Have a safe journey home, and we’ll look forward to seeing you again when you’re next here… :sunny:

1 Like

My grandmother (Mamgi) died of TB (then called Consumption) when my dad was still in school. I have always regretted not having any hope of picking up Cymraeg from her, but now I realise, she’d probably have said it was useless! I thought my dad had been told that by his dad and stepma, but your experiences suggest that whole generation were grabbing English with both hands and clinging on hard!!!

2 Likes

I did eventually - not until about 7:30 in the evening though! But no matter - I got there safely so it’s all fine. :smile:

Lovely to meet you too! Lucky I got to meet you when I did, but great to hear that you’re all on the mend.

I actually did do an interview for S4C while I was staying in Llandeilo…I don’t know anything about when it’s going to be broadcast though - no-one’s told me anything. But we’ll see what happens. :smile:

6 Likes

So my contacts have just told me! I’m glad someone got hold of you - you’ll be an inspiring story for other learners/potential learners… :sunny:

2 Likes

I hope so! :smile:

I hope you had a good time in Llandeilo, its the closest village to where I am from in Carmarthenshire :smile:

Looking forward to meeting you in person next week at Y Mochyn Du

To confirm time @faithless78 does it start at 7 pm next Monday?

2 Likes

It was lovely! It’s a very pretty village.

I’m looking forward to meeting you too. :smile:

1 Like

Yes, it’s around 7pm when we will meet up. Look forward to seeing you there

1 Like

Fantastic :smile:
See you guys there

2 Likes

Karla, when you go back to Aus., if you know or Skype any fellow Speakers/learners of Cymraeg or members of St. David’s Socs or any with roots in yr hen wlad… do, please, tell them about our petition to save the finance of S4C. See the thread ‘Submitting the petition’ for latest on that!!