North American Festival of Wales (NAFOW) 2016 in Calgary

Is anyone planning to attend the North American Festival of Wales in Calgary this year on the first weekend of September (September 1-4)? Have we made any contact with the organizers to have an SSIW role (with a table, for instance, and/or taster sessions)?

I will not be going to NAFOW this year, but we have a ready-made “SSIW kit” from last year that I could ship to anyone who’s going. Running the table and the taster sessions was fun and low-stress. You don’t have to sit at the table full-time or anything; if we have a table (and I think NAFOW enjoyed having us there), what’s really needed is someone to set it up. Please let me know if you can take this on!

If you’d like to read about what we did at NAFOW last year for SSIW, check out the last posts of this thread on NAFOW 2015, and I’d be happy to answer any questions! It’s a fun event, and it’s a privilege to wave the SSIW flag a bit here in North America.

3 Likes

I’ll put something in the #ebostwythnosol :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will contact the director of NAFoW and see if I can secure a free (half) table as I have in the past several years. Cymdeithas Madog is interested in sharing a table with SSiW again, as we did last year. I won’t be going, but at least I can contribute that much!

2 Likes

I’ll ask her about the “taster” sessions, too.

1 Like

Awesome - diolch o galon i ti! :star: :star2:

OK, NAFOW 2016 is almost here. Lynn, could you let me know what NAFOW arrangements you’ve made (b/c we may have problems fielding anything but a table at most)? And please please, if you are an SSIWer attending NAFOW in Calgary (as I am not), could you raise your hand?

1 Like