Northern Luxury Bootcamp - 17th to 24th April 2015

Thank you Catrin, so many incredible memories, so many beautiful people, so much food. It really brings it back just thinking about how much of our bootcamps are centered around the kitchen and the huge table. I’m really excited at the thought of another amazing week.

4 Likes
7 Likes

I’ve just been exploring train times for the journey from Northumberland and Chester. @gruntius can you give me an idea of what time you want us at Chester on 17th, and also what time we might get back to Chester on 24th. I know you have booked the minibus until Saturday, so there won’t be a need to rush away in the morning. Thanks

I’ll be picking the van up at 10am so will be in Chester by around 11am, apart from that there is no plan. Obviously we’d like to get to Gadlas as early as possible but the important thing is we all get there. 5 weeks to go, is it too early to start asking who would like a lift in the bus :bus:? Coming home is the same deal really, there’s no plan but I’d like to leave the same time as everyone else, I felt like our departure was a bit rushed last year. We’ll be picking Deb up on the way so we’ll obviously need to finalise a schedule by then.

Yes I agree, our departure was a bit rushed last year, but doesn’t need to be this year. If I book an open return then I’m totally flexible for the return journey. Does anyone else have travel time constraints? I want to book asap, as the cheap tickets won’t be available nearer the time.

What time does the cheap ticket get you in to Chester? I seem to remember from last year that one train was significantly cheaper that the others but wasn’t the early one.

There doesn’t seem to be a difference at the moment. But I was thinking I might catch the earlier train (arr. 11.53), as the changeover time at York is 4 minutes longer. Last year it was a bit hairy, as the first train was running late. There are trains back at 14.36 and 15.36, which get to Northumberland early evening.

1 Like

11:53 in Chester sounds just about right Anne. We’ll be able to pick up Deb from Llandudno Junction before 13:00 then get to Gadlas by 15:00. Is everyone else who wants a lift able to get to Chester by midday?

The link to the Photos of the Bootcamp works really well - and just makes us want to join in a Bootcamp in Wales as soon as we can organise ourselves - hopefully in 2016.

The food and wine look so tempting!

1 Like

Oh, is it almost Bootcamp time? Argh…

2 Likes

All booked now! 4 weeks tomorrow! Better start practising …

4 Likes

One special guest confirmation in the bag. That’s all I’m saying… :wink:

4 Likes

Ga i ddyfalu? Beth am 20 cwestiynau?

OoooOOoooO!! Exciting!!! :smile:

Is it me?

4 Likes

Our special guest confirmed for the last evening of Bootcamp and Sunday lunch at Nant Gwrtheyrn booked for the 19th at 1pm - special dietary requirements will be catered for.

It’s all coming together…

I’m putting together a welcome pack for you all including important info, phone numbers, maps and info on local amenities. Could veteran Bootcampers please let me know if there is any info you would have found useful to have on your first Pen Llyn Bootcamp? Diolch!

3 Likes

How exciting, thanks Catrin.

1 Like

If he/she is blonde with a smile a mile wide, will you accept a last minute booking? :smile:

1 Like

Ah, no, then. Although she’s willing to dress up as Nia Parry if that would help keep our Bootcampers happy, apparently.

1 Like

Well, this should be suitably embarrassing when special guest turns up and I’ve no idea who they are. Hey ho.