Northern Luxury Bootcamp - 17th to 24th April 2015

I think there’s a fighting chance of that, so I’ll send you some links that will allow you to appear Welsh language worldly and sophisticated to the other Bootcampers.

Oh, sorry, I may have spoiled the effect slightly.

DIM spoilers, Jones!

Er, I meant, I find it impossible to imagine that Kev won’t know our special guest.

Not info, but a useful item! Could someone remember to bring some 3-in-1 oil (that’s what we call it over here–do you have the same over there?) for the sqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeky doors!! (Especially bothersome at night when you’re trying to use the tŷ bach without disturbing others!) :smile:

4 Likes

It’s called WD40 here Jen. :slight_smile: I have (at least) 2 cans, so I’ll bring one.

Can any of last year’s attendees remind me what were the essentials you were lacking last year and you would have liked to have had on arrival? I remember Geraint making pit stops with the minibus lot to buy drinks and breakfast stuff. But I have a vague memory of someone mentioning that next time it would be a good idea to have ‘XYZ’ was it

dish washing liquid?
dishwasher tablets?
laundry detergent?
hand-wash soap/liquid?
tea towels?
kitchen paper?
hairdryer?
toilet roll?
tea?
sugar?
coffee?

@gruntius are you doing an essentials stop with your lot again this time round? Or would it be more useful for me to roundup a few things for everyone and we sort out the ‘spends’ later?

1 Like

I can’t think of anything else off the top of my big bald head for your list Catrin and I, for one, don’t mind stopping on the way for a few items.

Maybe a selection of bwydlenni têc awê lleol just incase.

2 Likes

We also have “3 in 1” - WD40 is altogether more magical and versatile :smile:

1 Like

I can remember almost running out of toilet paper last year. That caused a bit of a panic!

2 Likes

Just a heads up, that I’ve sent you all an email. Thanks to everyone who’s replied so far - it’s all coming together! :smile:

1 Like

I should think so with only 429 hours to go! (not that I’m counting) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ah yes, we have wd40 as well! Great! Thanks!! :slight_smile:

Bin bags? Swing bin size I think.

We won’t need much dish washing liquid so just the tail end of one of yours will do. Or I can bring one, just let me know. 99% of stuff goes in the dishwasher. :wink:

Maybe someone else can confirm but I think there were tea towels already there. Anyone?

Also, just an observation from my previous bootcamps, it’s really tempting to use an english-Welsh dictionary from time to time so I would highly recommend not taking one in the first place.

2 Likes

Geraint gets a star for that. The rest of you, listen to him.

It must be almost Bootcamp time. I can feel my nasty side starting to come out. :sunny:

:point_up_2: anwes yr athro. :sunglasses:

1 Like

will you be spending any time in Caernarfon again this year? (I have some time-off-in-lieu to claim so I could hang around for longer this time! :wink: )

It’s possible (couple of days left to confirm) but not absolutely certain yet - I’ll PM you if we do :sunny:

3 Likes

Caernarfon is always a good day so I’m crossing my fingers too. :wink:

What’s not to like? Huge castle, great shops, nice little cafes, ice cream parlour, good pubs and plenty of Welsh speakers everywhere. And all that within a 100 yard area (ish). :+1:

5 Likes

Comment today from my youngest daughter: “The trip to Lleyn sounds dreadful – I expect you will go very hungry and quite bored given you won’t be able to ask anyone for any food or just have a general conversation!”
When did the young ever have any faith in their parents’ ability? She’s been living in Australia for the last three years and probably doesn’t realise how much I’ve learned: I shall do my best to prove her wrong.

I’m looking forward to having more news of the visits: I have many favourite places in the region and there are others that I have yet to visit and would like to. I will, of course, be happy to go along with what everyone else wants to do. Caernarfon is certainly worth a visit.

Ah, yes, the mockery of the young. I suppose it’s too late to cut off her pocket money?..:wink:

I suspect she’ll turn out to have been dramatically incorrect :sunny:

Nothing dreadful about :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: accommodation with sauna, amazing views, home cooked food, great pubs, a Welsh gig, special guest, great company, wine and singing… :wink:

You’ll be absolutely fine and the Welsh will start flowing before you know it! :slight_smile:

4 Likes