Old Course/New Course

I have just started learning welsh but 4 lessons in I have discovered somehow I have been following the ‘old’ lessons and not the new ones called ‘challenges’. I thought it best, as I hadn’t got very far, to start again with learning the new ‘challenges’ but it is very different and now I am really confused and disheartened. Not sure what is best to do. Should I continue with the old lessons? Why were they changed anyway? Diolch.

1 Like

Hi Helen, and welcome to the forum… :slight_smile:

There are a couple of discussions about this point you might find interesting:

Course 1 vs Level 1 - which? Why? When? What?!

and…

Hi just starting should I start with new course level 1?

Hope that helps… I would recommend that you keep going with the new material - yes, it’s different, but it’s effective and it leads into our extremely valuable listening exercises.

They were changed because we gained enough experience from our Bootcamps to be able to see that the original material had a number of quite important gaps, which are fixed in the new material… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying and for such a quick response. The new course it is!

2 Likes

Good luck with it, and keep us posted on how it goes - there is no suffering you can go through that someone else on here hasn’t experienced already, so we’re good at sympathy…:wink:

1 Like