Oxford Welsh learners group

Poor pony. :disappointed: Better luck next week.
Sue

1 Like

Mae’n ddrwg 'da fi fy mod i wedi gadael mor sydyn. Croesais i y ffordd ar y goleuadau. Stopiodd y bws ar y goleuadau a rhedais i i’r safle bws gan chwifio fy mraich yn wyllt. Oedd popeth yn iawn. Y tro nesa mae’n rhaid i fi fod yn fwy gofalus am yr amser.
I’m sorry that I left so quickly. I crossed the road at the crossing lights. The bus stopped at the lights and I ran to the bus stop waving my arm wildly. Everything was OK. Next time I must be more careful about the time.
(It’s a good thing that I paid at the start, or I would certainly have missed the bus.)
Sue

1 Like

Glad to hear you managed to catch the bus @Betterlatethan ac oedd popeth yn iawn yn y diwedd!

A couple of dates for the diary :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A quick remember about tomorrow’s meetup …

For the walk+sgwrs on Sunday (20 Jan) we’ll be heading to Shotover Country Park - see Oxford walks thread for details -hope you can make it :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Here are this week’s planned Oxford meetups:

• Monday, 21 Jan from 11am in Cafe Bap, Abingdon Rd
  • Thursday, 24 Jan in The Royal Blenheim, St Ebbe’s/Pembroke St from 12 noon (Remember the RB doesn’t now open until 12)

As always, all welcome, but do let me know, if you can, if you’re thinking of coming along
Hwyl, John

1 Like

All being well, I should be at Cafe Bap at 11 on Monday. On Thursday there’s a Ramblers’ Walk, so I am unlikely to be at the Ropyal Blenheim.
Sue

1 Like

Diolch Sue - see you in the Cafe

Hi all - an update on the Wednesday evening meetups.

We are moving from the Big Society to James Street Tavern (James St!) in East Oxford for an 8:30pm start.

Hope to see you there!

2 Likes

Just a quick reminder about the meetups tonight and tomorrow:

• Wed 20 Jan 8.30pm in James Street Tavern, James St, East Oxford
  • Thurs 21 Jan 12:00 in the Royal Blenheim, St Ebbe’s/Pembroke St

Hwyl, John

2 Likes

Hey, Oxonians!

Any of you around next Tuesday?

I’ve got a meeting at 11 - probably better leave through to about 1ish before expecting it to be over - but then, barring a possible cup of tea with my great-aunt, kicking my heels for the rest of the day (driving home Wednesday morning).

Anyone fancy some Welsh practice? Possibly involving alcohol and a bite to eat at some point? Or have good ideas for interesting things to do in Oxford on a Tuesday evening in mid-winter? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Aran - Yes, I’ll be around on Tuesday - happy to meet up whenever suits :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Hello!

I’d be up for that - if evening, then could congregate in a pub in the centre that does food.

Laura

1 Like

Just a wee note that it’s looking like the Wednesday night meet up isn’t happening tonight (non-SSIWers are meeting in another pub for a music thing, Sam is ill, and I’m just probs not going to go). But normal service (in James Street Tavern) resumes next week.

Laura

OK, thanks for the headsup, Laura
Hwyl, John

That sounds like a superb idea. :slight_smile:

John, I’m getting slightly tentative about time - I think probably best to say 2 - I can’t see how it could run beyond that in any sane universe, but it isn’t the kind of talk I’d want to cut short if by any chance it’s still rolling…

So we could maybe say I shall be quite at leisure in the King’s Arms from 2 (so if any young men come for my other daughters, send them in…;-)).

3 Likes

Out? After dark? Are you all mad?
Anyone want to do the school run and bedtime for three small maniacs so I can come too???

2 Likes

My absolute limit is two… :wink:

I’ve heard things like ‘adults talking to each other’ can happen in public houses after dark, and I’m determined to investigate.

2 Likes

That’s possibly why I endured the social ridicule of learning to juggle as it is the only useful solution to the Not Enough Arms school of parenting.

May the god of beer speed you on your way to discovery.

2 Likes