Oxford walks

OK let’s say provisionally 11:30 then - I’ll check if Linda can make it by then. At the moment the foreacst for the 28th seems to be light cloud with a 20% chance of rain (although I expect it’ll have changed half a dozen times by then :slightly_smiling_face:)

1 Like

Linda is happy with 11:30 so I suggest we meet then by the Oxford Bull statue opposite the station entrance steps (easier to spot someone there than in the crowd in the station itself).

If anyone else wants to join us, do come along :slightly_smiling_face::
11:30 Friday 28th December - meet at Oxford Rail Station

Nadolig Llawen, John

I’ll see you both then.

Nadolig Llawen
Sue

1 Like

A quck reminder in case anyone else would like to join Linda, Sue and me tomorrow for some post-Xmas fresh air on our walk+sgwrs around Port Meadow (weather forecast: cloudy but dry)

1 Like

At today’s meetup we agreed on Sunday 20th January as the date for this month’s :walking_woman:walk+ sgwrs :walking_man: with partners and plantos welcome - further details to follow later
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Helo @rebecca @RichardBuck & anyone else interested, some suggestions for next Sunday’s walk (in no particular order) - partners & plantos welcome :slightly_smiling_face:
(@cat-1, bydd Rebecca yn dod gyda ei plantos hi - how might you+plantos be placed for Sun 20th?)

Let me know which you think is best (or, indeed, if you have an alternative suggestion)
Hwyl, John

3 Likes

Helo pawb - we’ll be taking the first option, Shotover Country Park, for the walk on Sunday (20 Jan). The plan is to meet up at 12:00 in the waiting room at Thornhill Park & Ride before setting out on a footpath close by through fields and up to Shotover, and at the end of our walk returning via the CS Lewis nature reserve. Forecast at the moment is dry but cloudy and a bit chilly, so wrap up warm and hope to see you there - let me know if you’ve any questions
Hwyl, John

1 Like

As I’m usually responsible for cooking Sunday brunch, and as Shotover is very local to me, I’m wondering if we can figure out somewhere I can join you en route at about 1pm - do you have any idea where you might have reached about then? How far along is the car park at the Old Road/Shotover Kilns end of things? (Which I can reach by car in 10 mins and bike in not much more.)

Helo @RichardBuck - that’s a difficult one! We’ll be passing through that Shotover car park so I guess, if we actually end up starting out from the P&R at about 12:15, say, and take perhaps 20/25 minutes to reach the car park, we’d get there around twenty to one. We could wait around there for you for a few minutes, but not too long as it’ll be a bit ‘fresh’ up there - how would that work, do you think?

Yes, I think that would work - if we aim to eat a little earlier than usual I can aim to join you there at 12:40.

That’s great! Welwn ni chdi yno, 'ta!

Diolch @RichardBuck & Clive for the sgwrs on our walk on a beautifully sunny afternoon today
Now to think about dates and places for next month’s walk! :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl, John

3 Likes

Helo pawb - for February’s walk+sgwrs how about the weekend of 16-17 Feb? Let me know if you think the Saturday or Sunday or either might work for you.
Hwyl, John

A quick bump for this :slightly_smiling_face: , @cat-1 @RichardBuck @ramblingjohn @janjones_1 @rachaelseculer-faber @Laura_P_87 @s-coates1 and anyone else who might be interested (@rebecca’s already said she might be able to make it)?

2 Likes

Sorry John, me and @Laura_P_87 will be back in Cardiff that weekend for my birthday!

1 Like

S’mai!

I found a little something thatsort of aligns with this thread and learner level new…It’s from go4awalk.com

See if you can read the following out loud. It is english but written using the sounds of the Welsh alphabet:

Ai hop ddat yw can ryd ddys and ddat yt meiks sens tw yw. Iff yw can ryd ddys, dden yw sawnd ryt and ar redi tw gow hycing in wals widd gofforawalc dot cwm. Gwd lwc and Haf ffyn.

http://www.go4awalk.com/fell-facts/welsh-language-pronunciation.php

1 Like

S’mai @Sean-O - that’s quite neat! :slightly_smiling_face: - diolch for the link!

1 Like

The latest is that, apart from me, it seems only Linda can make Sat 16 & @RichardBuck Sun 17. Would a different weekend perhaps work better for people, @cat-1 @RichardBuck @rebecca @Betterlatethan @ramblingjohn @janjones_1 @rachaelseculer-faber @Laura_P_87 @s-coates1 ?
Or, with half-term 18-22 Feb, maybe there’s scope for a mid-week walk+sgwrs @cat-1 @RichardBuck ?? Let me know, pawb :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl, John

Rather busy at the moment , hopefully March will allow time for Oxford.

Cheers J.P.

1 Like

Diolch, JP - we’ll be hoping that we might see you in March, then
Hwyl, John

1 Like