Saith Seren, Wrecsam

Shame my hero wasnt there :wink:

1 Like

Ŵ, good lord, no idea what’s going on but best wishes!

2 Likes

I don’t think even at mini bootcamp I have understood so much and talked so much (ysbwriel). I didn’t even feel nervous which for me is quite an achievement!

However the downside to learning Welsh is of course how it messes with your brain. Not only am I now inserting Welsh words into English sentences but I am finding it difficult to dress myself properly. I blame this on the difference between English adjective noun, and Welsh noun adjective. Everything is back to front. :wink:

2 Likes

[quote=“petermescall, post:66, topic:197”]
I am finding it difficult to dress myself properly
[/quote] That was funny to be fair. :joy:

1 Like

That small moment when you hope no one has noticed only to realise everybody has!

1 Like

As discussed last night

2 Likes

to @gruntius - snap!

2 Likes

i am practising for tonight

But tonight IS the practise. :joy:

1 Like

very true…i will be there very early for my brechdan caws!

1 Like

Another great night at what is rapidly becoming my second home :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yep, as Peter said another great night in this great venue. About 15 of us there again last night. For the majority of the night I had a fascinating conversation with Alistair, the pharmacist in the Maelor hospital, who was explaining what his job entails. I never realised what they do behind the scenes, very interesting, fair play.

Come along if you are free on a Monday night if you want to practise your Welsh in a supportive, relaxed and friendly environment.

4 Likes

Or be like me and Bob and start sounding like Welsh Nationalists! :slight_smile:

Wel heno, lle oedd Geraint? Oedd o’n hwylio ar y môr unwaith eto? Neu oedd o’n siarad ar Skype.

Wel beth bynnag, oedd yn noson gwych eto efo Carl Clowes. Wnaeth o siarad am Nant Gwytheyrn a gweithio tramor. Oedd yn diddorol iawn. Do’n i ddim yn medru deallt popeth ond wnes i fwynhau trio.

Well tonight, where was Geraint? Was he sailing on the sea again? Or he was talking on Skype.

Well anyway, it was a great night again with Carl Clowes. He spoke about Nant Gwytheyrn and working abroad. It was very interesting. I wasn’t able to understand everything but i enjoyed trying.

1 Like

He was, and still is, working. :disappointed:

Glad you enjoyed it.

Oedden ni’n casglu pres amdanat ti achos wnaethon ni benderfynu bo’ ti’n poeni am sut i brynu y llyfr oedd ar werth :wink:

Hee hee. :wink:

Quick question: is the Saith Seren meetup on tonight, and if so, what time does it start? Thinking of popping over for an hour or so this evening :slight_smile:

Yes, every Monday night. Turn up anytime from 19:15 onwards and stop as long as you like. Look forward to meeting with you. :blush:

3 Likes

It seems like SSiW is starting to take over these Monday nights in Wrexham, there were 5 people there tonight who are using/have used the courses. And those who haven’t are always impressed at how quickly it works.

The Saith Seren Christmas party will be held on the 12th of December so we’re starting to get a few details sorted, it’s looking good already. :blush:

Both Bob and Danny were there tonight all the way from Wigan and they came separately, that’s dedication for you.

3 Likes

one of whom (me) was too tired to say much…roll on the weekend :slight_smile:

2 Likes