So it looks like I'll be spending New Year's yn Cymru

I live in Melbourne too! So we can meet to chat. I head back in March. Do you know about our Welsh classes. We use SSiW as our course materials. I’m sorry I can’t come to meet you. It would have been nice to meet a fellow Aussie. Are you passing through Machynlleth on Monday? I

Ah, gwych! No, I’ve not heard about the Welsh classes, but I’d definitely be interested in them. After the time I’ve spent in Cymru so far, I’m looking for ways to further incorporate Cymraeg into my daily life.

I don’t think I’ll be passing through Machynlleth on Monday, but I’ll have to when I head back down south on Tuesday.

I love Melbourne - one of my favourite places. And the tennis centre is incredible,

Justin

I have to say, I’d rather live in Melbourne than anywhere else in Australia. It’s a nice city.

Have to admit though, I’ve never actually been to Rod Laver Arena. Actually, I’ve never been to any live sporting event in my life!

2 Likes

I was there to play not to watch - and it probably couldn’t be classified as a live sporting event - more a comedy!!

Justin

1 Like

Nevertheless, it’s still something to say you’ve played at Rod Laver!

1 Like

@Karla, I’ve never been to a live sporting event either, but I’ve promised myself I will get to a rugby match some time this year. At least this is the country to do it in.

4 Likes

My goodness - better go and see one soon before they think about deporting you to England!!

Justin

2 Likes

Indeed. Most people look at me like I’ve just grown a second head when I say I’ve never been to a sports match!

1 Like

I’ve never been too, except for some little games of Rugby by team of Slovenia which is about (maybe) 2,000 spectators involved, not more.

And it somehow dowsn’t even sound strange to me if one says they were not at live sports game. There are many of us who weren’t believe me…

Good for you! You’ve got upgraded your “memory card”. :smiley:

3 Likes

I like this! I think I’ll have to use that next time… :smile:

2 Likes

And this brought smile on my face. I love your reaction in deed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve never been to the MCG! But I have been to Rod Laver and the Phone Dome (in a corporate box - the only times I am willing to watch sport live). :smile:

Tuesday would be fine to meet up too. We have a Welsh chat in the Corris Institwt from 11-12 on Tuesday mornings (you’d be welcome to come). I have my Welsh class at 1.15 in Mach so I could squeeze in an hour beforehand. I’ve sent you my phone number. But I’ll keep an eye on the email too. I can’t always get a phone signal. Yes, I’m living with the dinosaurs. :wink:

1 Like

:slight_smile:
[size=9]Sorry, I just had to …[/size] :slight_smile:

1 Like

As long as they speak Welsh!

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Send that in as a programme idea to S4C Tatjana!
A cartoon series with Welsh-speaking dinosaurs.

1 Like

It’s ok, I’ve been having trouble with my phone since I got here too…people seem to have a hard time calling me.

Well, I’m heading to Llandeilo on Tuesday, but the I don’t need to be there until about 9;00 pm…if I met up with you in Mach, and then headed off it should be fine, I’m just not sure how to get to Llandeilo from there. I was told to catch the train from Pwllheli to Shewsbury, and then change to get to Llandeilo…any idea how I could make this work? :smile:

Lots of buses from Machynllyth to Aberystwyth

https://www.ceredigion.gov.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/Resident/Travel%2C%20Roads%20and%20Parking/Public%20Transport/Bus%20Timetables/T2-X28.pdf

And hourly buses from Aber to Carmarthen

http://www.trawscymru.info/uploads/22257_TrawsCymru_T1_Timetable_WEB.pdf

The last bus from Carmarthen to Llandeilo leaves at 5.50pm which will get you in very early.

http://www.carmarthenshire.gov.wales/media/782506/280_281.pdf

But if you got the T1 that arrives in Carmarthen at 8.40pm I could give you a lift to Llandeilo.

Which Tuesday are you talking about?

Hwyl Fawr,

Margaret

1 Like

Yes. That is correct. If you go to the trainline.com and type in Machynlleth to Llandeilo it tells you where to change - most often Shrewsbury.

Where do you want to meet? 11.30? At the station? I can leave my Welsh chat early. There is a nice cafe in Mach where you can order in Welsh.