So it looks like I'll be spending New Year's yn Cymru

Lovely to meet you too! Lucky I got to meet you when I did, but great to hear that you’re all on the mend.

I actually did do an interview for S4C while I was staying in Llandeilo…I don’t know anything about when it’s going to be broadcast though - no-one’s told me anything. But we’ll see what happens. :smile:

6 Likes

So my contacts have just told me! I’m glad someone got hold of you - you’ll be an inspiring story for other learners/potential learners… :sunny:

2 Likes

I hope so! :smile:

I hope you had a good time in Llandeilo, its the closest village to where I am from in Carmarthenshire :smile:

Looking forward to meeting you in person next week at Y Mochyn Du

To confirm time @faithless78 does it start at 7 pm next Monday?

2 Likes

It was lovely! It’s a very pretty village.

I’m looking forward to meeting you too. :smile:

1 Like

Yes, it’s around 7pm when we will meet up. Look forward to seeing you there

1 Like

Fantastic :smile:
See you guys there

2 Likes

Karla, when you go back to Aus., if you know or Skype any fellow Speakers/learners of Cymraeg or members of St. David’s Socs or any with roots in yr hen wlad… do, please, tell them about our petition to save the finance of S4C. See the thread ‘Submitting the petition’ for latest on that!!

Will do. I’m sure I can find some people who’ll want to contribute!

1 Like

Hi Karla - I haven’t been following this thread, but it looks like you’re the Karla that joined us for our little session in the pub on Wednesday.
Thanks so much for coming - we don’t often get visited by people who have come to practice their Welsh - and I hope you didn’t get put on the spot too much by Delyth asking you to sing Waltzing Matilda!
Good luck for the remainder of your trip!
Rob

2 Likes

Thanks for having me! I had a great time, and no, I wasn’t too put off - I’m starting to get quite used to being put on the spot!

It was lovely to meet all of you. :smile:

A little souvenir for you! Just remember this next time someone says that no-one speaks Welsh in Radnorshire…

3 Likes

Do you know what? Karla’s visit has made me wonder why more of us don’t ‘do the trip’ to meet up with more of the SSIW family in Wales. Here in Barry we’re looking forward to meeting you again tomorrow Karla. At New Year, Karla arrived exactly when an almighty squall hit Barry Island. Looks like the same welcome is going to happen again… But we’re really looking forward to hearing all the ‘family’ news and we’ll be hunkered down like ancient Celts waiting to hear stories from the other side of the mountain.

2 Likes

I presume the ‘C’mon Cymru!’ sign was upside down to help Karla feel at home - very thoughtful of you all…:wink:

7 Likes

You know, it’s funny. I love living in Melbourne, but I’ve always had the sense that Melbourne doesn’t particularly like me. I find it very strange that I can get on a plane (or three) and travel to the opposite side of the world, and find that I feel more at home than in the city where I grew up.

I’m really looking forward to seeing you in Barry again too, although I’m a little sad to be back in Cardiff, because it means that I’ll be leaving in a week!

1 Like

But memories for a lifetime! (Or the next time, perhaps?)

I think it’s safe to say I’ll be a recurring nuisance to you all now (hopefully a permanent one in the not too distant future)! :dragon_face:

4 Likes

A permanent one! You must have had a wonderful time!

3 Likes

Indescribably so!!

5 Likes

You are not the first person to discover hiraeth dragging at you before you have even gone ‘back…er…home?’.

2 Likes