So it looks like I'll be spending New Year's yn Cymru

It’s not difficult to see why!

I’ve been on the phone to the train station, and it looks like coming to Cardiff may not be possible, with the weather cancelling trains, and they haven’t been able to say for sure whether (pun intended) return travel will be possible, or when current trains will get there.

I’m going to keep checking the train times, but probably going to be stranded in Bristol. Such a shame :frowning:

Aw, such a shame! I hope the weather clears up soon and perhaps you’ll be able to make it. :frowning:

Diolch yn fawr i @sarapeacock a @faithless78 for another lovely evening! It was lovely to see you both again.

It was a shame you couldn’t make it @Flynn, I was looking forward to meeting you. @jenny_white_378 too! Hopefully I’ll be back when the weather’s a little better, and I’ll get to meet you both!! :smile:

1 Like

It was lovely to see you again too Karla! Glad to hear you’ve had a great time here in Cymru. Have a safe journey home and hope to see you again sometime soon.
Gav

1 Like

The weather isn’t always as it’s been the past few weeks!

1 Like

Sorry we didn’t get to meet you, Flynn. But perhaps pop over to see us another time when the weather isn’t quite so atrocious?

Lovely to see you again, Karla, and hear all about your travels. Good luck for the long journey home!

1 Like

I know, it’s a shame. I would have visited over the weekend if I had known the weather was going to cancel my possible means of transport, but that’s the power of hindsight! Safe trip home @Karla , and hopefully meet you some time, though maybe more Skyping will be in order soon.

I wouldn’t definitely like to go to a meetup sometime @sarapeacock, its just a shame I missed this one. When are they normally scheduled for?
I have a few notes on my walls about various meetups I have been meaning to go to, but too busy with university until recently to attend, including Cas-gwent with @llanddinol

1 Like

We’ll definitely Skype when I get back, if you’re up for it! And this is definitely not the last time I’ll be in Cymru, so I’m sure we’ll have a chance next time! :smile:

Definitely, that sounds like a good plan :smile:
Yes! Come visit again sometime, it sounds like you had an amazing time

1 Like

Well…as I type, I’m sitting in the departure lounge of Cardiff airport, waiting for my plane which leaves at 6:00. :cry:

I have to admit, I was very nervous before coming over here, having never been out of Australia before. But my fears were allayed nearly as soon as I landed. Throughout my six weeks here, I’ve been treated with nothing but warmth and kindness, and it didn’t take long for me to feel more at home than I ever have back home!

Diolch yn fawr iawn to everyone I met (I’m not going to try to tag you all - I just know I’ll forget someone, and I’d feel terrible!). You all made me feel so welcome. I have to give a massive diolch to @margaretnock and @Deborah-SSi for putting me up (and putting up with me!). And also to @aran and @Iestyn for taking the time to meet and chat with me.

I think it’s without question now that I’ll be back - this trip certainly left me with a very clear idea of where I want to be in a few years’ time. So I’ll see you all on the forum in the meantime, and if any of you are ever in Melbourne, let me know and I’ll show you around! :smile:

10 Likes

As one of your hosts @Karla I want to say it was a pleasure to have you as a guest and a friend. In particular, your stay wasn’t mediated, captured, punctuated by constant messaging or hiding behind a camera, which only goes to show my prejudices… Come again!

2 Likes

Great that you had such a lovely time - we’ll look forward to seeing you again… :sunny:

1 Like

I’m thinking of you today, Karla, on that long trip home. The weather, predictably, is on the turn here, but not sure yet whether it will be sunshine all the way, or snow, snow, snow. All our very best wishes go with you :sunny:

2 Likes

It was a delight to have you here Karla. As one who came to Wales at a similar age, fell in love with the place and knew that one day I would come here to live, I can totally understand how you might feel on that long flight back to Australia. Just don’t leave it as long as I did to come back again :sunny:

2 Likes

I’m glad I wasn’t too much trouble, @margaretnock! I enjoyed staying with you very much also.

I’m back in the heat now, so that’s taking some acclimatising! But I definitely won’t be waiting too long to come back - I’m already thinking about the soonest time at which I can responsibly start planning another trip!

In the meantime, I do plan to finally join the 21st century and get Facebook, so I’ll let you know when I do that - probably when I’m not so jet lagged (what year is it again??) and any of you who want to keep tabs on me can!

Now…I’m going to stumble into bed and try to shake off this jetlag. :smile:

5 Likes

Best wishes! For a speedy return!! Being on this forum is a great treatment for hiraeth!!! :thumbsup:

1 Like

I find that very easy to believe. :smile:

Hey @Karla , let me know when the jet lag wears off as dw i’n ayddus i siarad cymraeg gyda ti. If you are still keen.

2 Likes

Wrth cwrs! My jetlag should settle down in a couple of days, so perhaps later in the week, or the weekend - whichever suits you.

1 Like