South Birmingham Welsh Learners Meetup TUESDAY

1530h at Coffee#1, High Street, King’s Heath Birmingham B14 this Thursday 13th September 2018

Look for the table with the DRAIG GOCH on it!

Croeso cynnes I bawb.

2 Likes

@Deborah-SSi :slight_smile: :star2:

1 Like

Sounds great, @david-smith! I’ve just added your announcement into the weekly newsletter so it will go out today and hopefully find a few more people for you.

Let me know how it goes on and if it’s going to become a regular thing. I can add it to the list of meetups at the end of the newsletter when you’re ready.

1 Like

Please let me know if this is going to be a regular thing in this location, as I visit Kings Heath quite a bit. (Sadly, not this Thursday!)

Hello Isata.

At the moment it’s just a one off. I know of somebody else attending this week but I don’t exactly know how popular it will be! Obviously if we can get something going here on a regular (monthly) basis that dosent clash with mine and other people’s work then that will be good. Daliwch edrych ar y lle yma. Watch this space #

1 Like

Hi look for my group on Facebook
Welsh in the West Midlands if you join the group you can advertise on there any meet ups and see any others advertised

3 Likes

Can’t make this Thursday as I have a work conf call that will end at 15:30. Please do let me know if you’re planning another one as I’d really like to come and I only live a couple of miles away in Knowle - Diolch yn fawr iawn.

Fe aeth cyfarfod cyntaf Cylch Dysgwyr Gymraeg Ailddinas Lloegr ymlaen y pnawn yma, a mae’n dda gyda fi ddweud bod 2 person arall wedi gwneud y siwrne o bennau gyferbyn Birmingham Fwyaf i siarad yn Gymraeg gyda ni heddiw.

Rydyn ni’n gobeithio trefnu cyfarfod arall mewn tair wythnos, yn gynnar ym mis Hydref, ond yn gynharach yn y dydd, efallai tua’r amser cinio. Bydd hi, fel y cyfarfod heddiw, yn Coffee#1, Y Stryd Fawr, Kings Heath, Birmingham B14 a bydd croeso cynnes i bawb, pa bynnag am eich gallu gyda’r iaith.

Roeddwn i’n flin nad oedd Julie yn gallu ymuno a ni, ond gobeithio’r byddwn ni’n ei gweld tro nesaf.

Cadwch eich llygaid ar y dudalen yma am ddyddiad y cyfarfod nesaf.

Hwyl am y tro

David.

The first meeting of the Second City Welsh Learners Circle went ahead this afternoon and I am happy to say that 2 others made the journey from opposite ends of Greater Birmingham to speak Welsh with us today.

We hope to arrange another meeting in three weeks time, early in October, but this time earlier in the day around lunch time. This will be in the same place as today, Coffee#1, High Street, Kings Heath, Birmingham B14, Everyone will be welcome regardless of your ability in the Welsh language.

We were sorry that Julie couldn’t join us, but hopefully we’ll see her next time.

Keep watching this page for details of the next meeting.

Hwyl am y tro

David.

2 Likes

Helo pawb,

Bydd cyfarfod nesaf Cylch Dysgwyr Cymraeg Ailddinas Lloegr yn cael ei chynnal ddydd Mawrth, 9fed Hydref 2018 yng nghaffi Coffee#1, Y Stryd Fawr, King’s Heath, Birmingham B14.
Ar wahan i’r cwrdd diwethaf, bydd yr un yma’n ddechrau yn 12.00 hanner dydd. Cofiwch edrych allan am y bwrdd gyda’r Ddraig Goch arni.

Croeso cynnes i bawb beth bynnag am hyder a gallu yn yr iaith.

Diolch yn fawr a welwch chi yno.

David.

Hello everyone,

The next meeting of the Second City Welsh Learners Circle will be on Tuesday 9th October 2018 in Coffee#1, High Street, King’s Heath, Birmingham B14. Unlike the previous meeting, this will be at 12.00 midday. Remember to look out for the table with the Red Dragon on it

Everybody welcome regardless of confidence and ability in the language.

Thanks and see you there.

David.

1 Like

Wythnos nesaf. Next week!

1 Like

Bydd cyfarfod nesaf Cylch Dysgwyr Cymraeg Ailddinas Lloegr yn cael ei chynnal ddydd Mawrth, 9fed Hydref 2018 yng nghaffi Coffee#1, Y Stryd Fawr, King’s Heath, Birmingham B14.
Ar wahan i’r cwrdd diwethaf, bydd yr un yma’n ddechrau yn 12.00 hanner dydd. Cofiwch edrych allan am y bwrdd gyda’r Ddraig Goch arni.

Croeso cynnes i bawb beth bynnag am hyder a gallu yn yr iaith.

Diolch yn fawr a welwch chi yno.

David.

Hello everyone,

The next meeting of the Second City Welsh Learners Circle will be on Tuesday 9th October 2018 in Coffee#1, High Street, King’s Heath, Birmingham B14. Unlike the previous meeting, this will be at 12.00 midday. Remember to look out for the table with the Red Dragon on it

Everybody welcome regardless of confidence and ability in the language.

Thanks and see you there.

David.

1 Like

@Deborah-SSi :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @david-smith! How are things coming along with the meetups? Do you have another planned? I’ve had someone asking me about them as she’s interested in joining in.

1 Like

What a shame I didn’t know about this when I lived just off the High Street in Kings Heath. Good luck with your Welsh fellow Brummies.

1 Like

Any follow-ups on this learning group/meetup?

1 Like

Hi Nigel, I was thinking the same thing! I’ve currently been having a very informal welsh lesson once a week near Birmingham new street. My tutor’s been looking to take on a bigger group of you fancy joining? It’s £12 per hour. I’m an intermediate learner (grew up in wales and have a welsh gcse but haven’t practiced for many years etc).

J

1 Like

Hi to all on this thread! I feel very apologetic about my failure to support the South Brum group, which @david-smith so kindly organised. In the end I found it was hard to get to and commit to as my daily life/ voluntary work was at that point pulling me in the opposite direction towards Dudley, so I have concentrated on trying to maintain some intermittent attendance at Coventry the Litten Tree, which I can reach using a combination of buses and train. [Coventry Wednesday group change of date for January]

I’d be happy to try again in Central Brum for a one-off meeting some day this Spring, or if @david-smith still wants to use King’s Heath, again I’d consider a one-off meeting/relaunch attempt.

@Deborah-SSi thanks for alerting me to this before Nadolig ‘19, sorry it has taken me so long to start to come out of social hibernation.

1 Like

I have looked on Facebook just now and drawn a blank…

Prynhawd da!

Just a quick note to let all SSiW meet-up group organisers and coordinators, know that I have taken responsibility for the weekly email over from Deborah. So if you have any updated information about the group you’re responsible for, please let me know and I’ll ensure the correct info goes in the email. Diolch! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m really delighted that some who live along my nearest railway line and bus routes, in the West Midlands, have recently joined 6/6 Slack and identified themselves on the introduce yourself channel there. I hope we are not rushing anyone into meeting (people are often very busy with work & family life, so they do not need to feel pressured).

Anyway, perhaps there is some prospect of a meet up being arranged informally somewhere West of Birmingham, or in several places from Wolverhampton and Dudley (North West), to Worcester (South West)… I’ll try to keep this thread posted. @nia.llywelyn, @Deborah-SSi, @CatrinLliarJones, @aran

@andyjone Some of us may make it to the Litten Tree in Coventry, hoping all your concerts have gone/been going well this winter!