Tatjana - progress reports

Yn wyr!! But. I wonder why my little draig in my post to you has stopped dancing and saying Llongyfarchiadau?

Hmmm… Saved it and will open it with Gimp to see if anything’s missing all of a sudden. It still says Llogyfarchiadau but it doesn’t dance though. :slight_smile: However I know what you wanted to say and I’m happy for that and am also thankful.

Diolch yn fawr iawn! :slight_smile:

I am in the UK at the moment.

1 Like

Ooo, you’re still there? I thought you went back to Australia already. :slight_smile:

Elizabeth Jane writes a blog at http://elizabethjanecorbett.com and she’s writing about spending the winter here, in north(ish) Wales. It’s just starting to get a bit nippy, and as someone who was on holiday once in Corris in February, I would advise wrapping up warm until Easter.

2 Likes

Now it’s doing both!! Well done!! (What had gone wrong?)

Actually I did nothing. It must be browser, @henddraig.

Hey @margaretnock I didn’t forget you either. If you’re still willing to be my “tutor” we just have to negotiate our time, but sometimes it seams we’re both in a bit of hurry with time … :slight_smile:

Tomorrow, sometime after 5pm my time, 6pm yours?

Is 7 pm my time (6 pm your time) too late for you?

6pm is fine. Speak to you then.

1 Like

Good. Marked in my calendar. :slight_smile:

Well, neither of us know what sort of magic @aran has worked on Tatjana but she now has the most important ingredient for a Welsh Learner, confidence! Just had a wonderful, 90% Welsh conversation with her.

8 Likes

Diolch @margaretnock. It was real pleasure to talk without that student-teacher feeling which I had at the beginning. It vanished somewhere and I’m totally happy with this. We talked about many things, from @aran’s magic all the way to our work, bootcamp, my travelling to and from work …

I admit I’ve used English words now and then but I kept them as rear as possible. Well, I’ve also noticed I have my constant problem with “a lot”, “too much” and “enough” all the time. I had it when talking with Aran, I have it when talking to @brigitte and I had it now … Whatever I tend to say, the word “gormod” is on my mind and on my tongue all the time … Who knows why it settled in my mind so firmly. :slight_smile:

Diolch yn fawr iawn i siarad gyda fi @margaretnock. Tan y tro nesa.

1 Like

Fantastic! Diolch o galon, Margaret :star: :star2:

Who can do next week for Tatjana? :sunny:

Well, bumping this question up. Who’s next?

If everything goes normal then I know already @brigitte is with me on Saturday.

I believe I won’t be able to talk on Monday though but I’ll be able to tell you a bit later about that.

Gee … @aran made me excited about every single conversation …! (I just wonder what magic wand it was you had really … :slight_smile: )

Oh and I’ve left vocabs out for today. Noooo, I did my lesson though but that “Coffi du” was sooooo inviting that I just couldn’t resist to do Challenge 1 of Level 2! YAY! 63 % correct … so Challenge 2 of Level 2 for me tomorrow.

1 Like

@elizabeth_j_corbett_ @owainlurch @Deborah-SSi ? :sunny: :star: :star2:

1 Like

Well it wasn’t Challenge 2 of Level 2 on Friday as I’ve written above but I took 2 days off from actual learning though. I had nice conversation with @brigitte yesterday approximately an hour in Cymraeg, about 25 minutes in English some German words and 5 minutes of Slovene too. I won’t lie that there was an hour 100 % filled with Cymraeg. There were some English words in the conversation and a bit surprisingly doing my Vocab lesson - the last of the set of 5 - I realized I should already know most of the words I’ve spoken in English yesterday since I’ve done those Vocab lessons once already. But OK. The main thing is that we talked without any particular silence in the conversation though.

Today it was the day for our last vocabulary lesson of Course 1 and here’s the summary.

Vocabulary Lessons 1-5 of Course 1
VL1 = 51 %
VL2 = 28 %
VL3 = 71 %
VL4 = 36 %
VL5 = 70 %

VL1-5 = 55 %

Well, the most problems are causing me names of months and days from which some are quite easy to remember but some just can’t stick. I believe I’ll write them down (the only thing I’ll really write down in proper order and memorize it) because I believe this way it will be easier for me to remember them.

The other problem are ordinal numerals especially those which cause mutations but I might memorize them easier then names of days and months.

I’ll probably do Challenge 2 of Level 2 tomorrow and then go for another set of 5 vocabulary lessons.

I will do Challenges of Level 2 as they will be released and will report how ti goes when I’ll have set of 7 of them (as I had a habit with previous Courses and Levels).

And still question: Who bould be up for practice next week? Well, exceptionally I’ll have the time only from 7 to 8 pm my time (that means 6 to 7 pm UK time) this week.

So … Os amser gyda rhywun …

Somebody called? Back from hols now, so schedule me in… :smiley:

1 Like

No one responded yet so … should I just choose one and “punish” him/her with my awkward Cymraeg rain of words … ? :slight_smile: - hehe