Tatjana - progress reports

I won’t say much but just that I’ve abandoned vocab lessons for as long as Level 2 Southern new material is here for me to go with it but I established once again (as so many times before) that talking about persons causes me extra problems. More I won’t say but that I’m drifting down below the surface again with my learning. I just can’t remember all those “youngest”, “oldest”, “handful”, “one in twentys”, “lively” etc. For some of those expressions (like lively for example) I even can’t quite see where one would use them even in English. I’m trying to think of Slovenian equivalent but am finding out talking about persons is a bit different in English/Cymraeg as it is in Slovene … (might be I’m wrong but this is my feeling).

Tatjana - haven’t I taught you yet not to say things like ‘I can’t remember’?! What you mean is ‘I haven’t remembered yet’…!

And the more complex things get (especially with opposites like that!) the more time it will take for them to bed down. But you’re already a Welsh speaker, so this is now just a journey to make your Welsh more and more natural - which will happen… :sunny:

@louis is back in Australia, but with very bad internet connection at the moment - I’m sure he’ll be in touch as soon as he’s wired up again.

In the meantime, if one of @Deborah-SSi, @owainlurch or @elizabeth_j_corbett_ and/or @elizabeth_jane ! can do this week, I’ll take next week again. Dee, Ow, Liz? :sunny:

1 Like

Sorry, out of action until next week :worried:

1 Like

I will be home every evening between 2-8 October. If Tatiana wants to choose a time and send me Skype details I am happy to add her. I am lizziejane2001 on Skype.

1 Like

Alla i ddim cofio …ETO! :slight_smile:

Will send Skype request. TatjanaPrelog or email thoughttalking(at)hotmail.com is my one. Oh, and … you meant 2-8 November, right?

If I have any luck I’ll be home next week so will have some more time in the mornings and my usual time from 7 - 8 pm my time.

Dim problem. Take your time @owainlurch.

@Deborah-SSi?

Or someone else not mentioned right here?

1 Like

I have a heap of work at the moment - some new tasks so I’m taking time coming up to speed on them - but happy to take a break in the evening during the week. What is a good time for you?

I’ll add you on Skype and see when we could do it.

1 Like

Can be tomorrow or on Friday at 7 pm my time (6 pm your time) or at 9 pm my time (8 pm your time).

1 Like

OK, I’ll try for tonight sometime as I won’t be here Friday night. Croesi bysedd!

1 Like

Can it be 9 pm my time (8 pm your time)? I’m starving :smile: since I’m just driving home by bus this very moment. Need to eat something first. But if you don’t have the time, it’s OK. I’ll understand.

I’ll try for 8pm Tatjana! I’ll eat before that and see how we go.

1 Like

Ahhh you too. That means we’re both hungry yet…

OK. See you at 8 your time hopefully.

I’ve said to @Deborah-SSi I’ll have my coffee after 10 pm (my time) when my husband comes home at the end of our pleasant chat over skype and so here I am, drinking my coffee happy I had this pleasant conversation.

There were some words in English from my end as I just couldn’t remember how to say them in Cymraeg or I wanted to say way too complicated things for my level of knowledge. I also noticed I just couldn’t (obviously) remember “Ma eisie i fi” thingy and “Ma’n rhaid i fi” and “dwi’n cael” (don’t know if I’ve spelt this right though) was on my tnogue all the time when I tried to say I needed (or need) or had to do something in all forms of tenses whether it was right to put them in or not. I even managed to use word “llawer” quite some times instead of using “gormod” all the time when needed and when not …

So, all in all, we had nice conversation about 50 minutes long totally (OK, except those tinny bits I’ve mentioned above) in Cymraeg and I’m happy again.

Oh, Dee and about your question if I might come to bootcamp next year: that was really hard task to say and as you know I’ve finished in the middle of what I wanted to say because there just were not enough words for me to say what I wanted. Now (as English is premited here - hehe) I wanted to say back in conversation that we this year after 9 years finally afforded to go on holidays so I’m not sure it’s an option for me to come to bootcamp even next year. But, as I’ve also said, you never know what the time brings.

So, I’m happy I’ve “met” one more of you, brilliant people here. Thanks to all for your time. I’m hapyp and grateful to be with you here.

And now … @aran and his team just keeps things going with putting more southern Challenges on so Challenge 5 for me today (hopefully if I won’t be too sleeppy anyway despite drinkign coffee) :slight_smile:

In the near future: Day D for revision of 24-25/2 and 24-25/3 is nearing in. I’m curious how it will go this time. It just should be a bit better then last time I’ve done them, shouldn’t it?

4 Likes

It was lovely to talk to you Tatjana. The hour really flew by and it was just like chatting with another friend. You are amazing!

3 Likes

Thank you so much, Dee (and Margaret and Brigitte!) - fantastic to see people being so kind :sunny: :star: :star2:

Tatjana, did you get in touch with @elizabeth_j_corbett_ yet? Maybe she’d be a fit for next week? You can reach out to Louis on Skype - he’s lambiek33 - @owainlurch Ow, are you free at all next week?

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr IAWN IAWN! to all of you. @Deborah-SSi it was fantastic to talk to you and I’m looking forward to next one somewhere in the future if you’d have time.

So far I had really lovely conversations with all of you who were willing to talk with me and I’m happy to talk to all of you at some point.

I’m honoured to read such words. I’m just trying to do my best with the time I can grab from most of it spending on the road.

No, I didn’t since she said a post earlier that she’ll be home from 2-8 October so that time was my orientation. Will add @louis and @elizabeth_j_corbett_ on the Skype later on this evening. @owainlurch already is in my contects though.

However, if everything goes right, @brigitte will be here for me tomorrow at the evening at some point as always …

Oh and, despite @aran with his team so nicely provieds Southern Challenges to continue the journey, there was no Challenge 5 yesterday or any other Cymraeg thingy later on for that matter. Despite I drank my usual (quite big dose) of coffee after I finished speaking with Dee, I was just too sleeppy to do anything at all so my first option was bed quite early (for me) at half past midnight … Today is the day for Challenge 5 then and if one more (7th) comes on this week I’ll have perfect set of 7 about to report my progress on Monday (or Sunday late at the evening).

2 Likes

I’ve gone through all Level 2 Southern lessons to disposal and am eagerly waiting for new ones to come. So it was 6th vocab Lesson of Course 1 today and I find it quite hard to do actually for God knows what reason. All of a sudden it bothers me where toput yn and where not and such tiny stuff.

Also (I don’t want to be annoying though) Is anyone from “@Aran’s team” having time for sgwrs this week?

1 Like

Thursday 6pm my time, 7pm yours?

1 Like

Yes it’s OK.

:grinning:

1 Like

Hey! How did you manage to do only smiley but the software didn’t let me write just OK? :slight_smile: