The SSi Growth Club

To be honest, I wasn’t even particularly aware that the Growth Club content would be accessible via the apps - so thanks for the heads up!

If you’re on Android, it’s @theblacksparrow you need to chat to - if you’re on iOS, it’s @lewie - and in both cases, the file names for the Growth Club recordings ought to be a bit more intuitive, so it may just be that they’re not being used right now…

1 Like

If you are on iOS, the newer app (v2) gives you numbers on the growth club episodes. However - I think, in the version that’s currently available, that the episodes are not listed in order. This is fixed in an update that should be available within the week.

I just checked, and the old iOS app also has numbers… so I’d be surprised if the android was doing anything differently, since they work from the same data. What I see is things like “Clwb Tyfu006”. Maybe you could tell us what you are seeing - since maybe I’m misunderstanding.

3 Likes

Fantastic - diolch o galon, Jeff @lewie!

I’m on Android :smile:

This is all I see on the Growth Club section (although as you can see I usually listen on my computer!).

2 Likes

In Android app it is like @RachelH’s picture shows and the new app which is still on testing, doesn’t content Growth Club content at all so I can not tell you how it is shown, are there numbers or not.

Oh, don’t mind @stella appearing in the lower right corner … she’s not a part of the app. - hehe :slight_smile: but it’s nice to see her. Hello Stella! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Right, this is a challenge for @theblacksparrow then (who is a little busy at the moment, I think)… :sunny:

The test Android app (the green one) that @tatjana mentions above does not contain Growth club content.

The appearance of growth club content in the Welsh Android happy is a happy accident, although clearly there are issues to overcome…

@aran - are there any plans to introduce South growth club content?

If you happen to use the Android app and have growth club content - it’s only available for the North region at the moment. So you’ll need to switch your region to North (via the settings) to see it

Er… is that me causing that? I thought I’d set those as non-region…

Don’t do that!

Everything has to have a region otherwise it causes an error in the apps. (The website shows both North and South, so that’s covered). I need to update the Android to support having no region. The sticking point is the old iOS app, which we can’t update. So until that is retired every file needs a region

Are we getting Growth Club errors at the moment? I’m about 95% certain that those are all non-region… :scream:

I’m 100% certain they’re all North, because I’m looking at the data right now…

Though it’s possible that @Kinetic has done something behind the scenes so they’d look to you as non-region

How bizarre - must be something going on there - they’re all listed as ‘North’, except for the pdf for 009 which is listed as ‘South’!

So nothing is listed as non-region then?

Not that I’m seeing on Clwb Tyfu items…

Did you forget @theblacksparrow that in test app - the greenny one - there’s no switch between north and south and the lessons are merged together?

So Growth club appears anyway but it’s gog version in deed.

I don’t mind listening to @CatrinLliarJones chattig about Star Wars & stuff and @aran going along with her in discussion one way or another … no problem is there gog neu de … :slight_smile:

1 Like

And 016 is recorded, transcripted and up there (this Friday thing is definitely the way to go…;-))… :sunny:

3 Likes

Phew

1 Like

You don’t need to switch to North on the site to get Growth Club content on teh app … let me test this …

On the app you have to switch to North if you want to get the Growth Club content or is there any new version of teh current “active” app? I still have 1.0.15 and no one said it’s any new there.

However, as we said, Beta Test has no regions and no Growth Club content so far.

1 Like