VERY SIMPLE - Question from Jane [next weekend] (about to start Level 3)

6 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

@a_jay, diolch yn fawr iawn - yours was the first post that I understood completely, every word! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you, that helps me too as I stress about whether I am pronouncing everything properly! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

Ateb o John I Jane [Next Weekend]

2 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: How to post in ‘Speaking Practice’

Well @siaronjames and @JohnYoung you’ll know when I’ve had the time and done the business achos my oral awfulness will be laid bare here for all to witness - I am gyda trepidation at the mere thought of going public. Oh well, nothing ventured… Ond nawr, instead of always just being able to say “wela i ti nes ymlaen”, there’s a risk I might have to say “clyweda mi nes ymlaen” (not that that’s correct, i expect, but you get the gist!)

2 Likes

Yikes @siaronjames and @JohnYoung and whoever else replied! It’s FAR too easy to do - I’ve got absolutely nowhere to hide now. Mwy later. :anguished:

Not only easy, but just to warn you - it gets rather addictive too! :wink:

4 Likes

Well, I’ve done it, though probably in the wrong thread/place! Thing is, I want to do a LOT more than just go places and do things. And it’s always the little words like then, perhaps, maybe, middle, end, first, last, other, both, all, once, times, etc. For instance, I wanted to say drive to somewhere 3 x a week but I don’t know how to say “times”, I could probably just about managed three days a week, but not times … ggrrrr. Frustrating. Never mind, all good things come to those who wait and ymarfer, ymarfer, ymarfer!

3 Likes

That’s what these practices are for - helping pick up those pesky little elusive bits! 3 times is tairwaith by the way :slight_smile: (once is unwaith, twice is dwywaith, 4 times is pedairwaith, and so on!)

2 Likes

Diolch @siaronjames - needless to say I had once, and somewhere buried in the deepest recesses of my sometimes useless memory was twice, but thrice? No, didn’t have that one. Makes me think, can you imagine saying to someone in English, “I go to Merthyr Tydfil thrice a week” - they’d look at you as if you 'd just dropped from Mars, LOL! :smiley:

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

https://soundcloud.com/julie-smith-111212875/ateb-i-diana![th|255x170](upload://fWYcveDJ2Hh1TPa9UzZ4wzHQ2Ag.jpeg)