Would anyone like to join my weekly private hangout with Milla and Nicky?

Milla and Nicky have led the way - as confident speakers - offering to host weekly hangouts for other learners on the new Welsh Speaking Practice community we’ve opened on Slack.

While I’m thinking of other ways to try and show how much that means to us, I’ve invited them to a weekly private hangout/practice with me - we’re just figuring the times out now - it’s going to be a real pleasure spending time with two such passionate learners and promoters of the language.

We’ve got three spare nights - Tuesday, Thursday, Friday - when it would be great to have hangouts happening from 7 to 8 pm Wales time (I think having the same time every night will really help the idea to grow).

Any confident speakers willing to take those weekly slots on would be very welcome in our weekly private hangout (where, as you all know, I will refuse to discuss anything about grammar… :wink: ).

5 Likes

Just to add as well, I’m certain I speak for @Novem too. If anyone fancies doing it but is perhaps worried about the Slack side of things (trust me, this time yesterday I didn’t have a clue how it all worked!) we’re both more than happy to show you the ropes before committing! (Although once you’ve had a go yourself, you’ll realise it’s quite easy) :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’d like to help–maybe the tuesday evening slot but I need to upgrade my ipad first. Hopefully this weekend.

3 Likes

No way?! Sharon, that’s brilliant… but, er, um, I thought you were SHY??!

2 Likes

Only the Saesnes part of her. The Cymraes is outgoing and can face any challenge. Isn’t that so @sharonmonks?

2 Likes

I’m finding the hangouts and speedating one to ones incredibly helpful on the 6 months course and would love to just listen to intermediate advanced and fluent learners - will there be a lurkers link to youtube as on the six months course? Just more and more fragments of the giant jigsaw that is learning a language falling into place every time I do a challenge or head for a hangout :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Summed it up in one :grinning:

3 Likes

Interesting question - I think that’s non-automatic, unless it’s specifically coming from a company account… we’ll have to give it some thought…:slight_smile:

1 Like