2020 April Bwtcamp **Fully Booked!**

Rest assured, I will try my very best to work this so that as many as possible of you are on a Bwtcamp together. You have formed such an amazing group, I just know that this will be a Bwtcamp to remember.

Colin knows what he’s talking about above - he’s been on two (I think)!

BTW ithere’s a bit of talk about gardening here - have you seen ‘Garddio a mwy’ on S4C? It’s not just a gardening programme - there’s a Fcaebook group as well, with loads of people asking questions and helping each other with gardening tips etc. If that’s your interest, get over there now!

1 Like

Thanks Iestyn thanks for the update. I am sure you will most definitely do your best for everyone who booked onto a cancelled Bwtcamp, I just keep thinking I get to look forward to it all over again :slight_smile: Garddio a Mwy is a great program, even my hubby will watch it with me as I try my best to translate, he loves gardening. Hope you’re all ok, see you soon.

I’ve seen the update on the June bwtcamp thread about April and June being moved to 2021.
So I’m assuming there will be no bwtcamps running in 2020 ?
Completely understandable if so, just me being nosey really and wanting to know :slight_smile:
Hope everyone is doing ok, hope to see and converse with you all next year…

Helo everyone. Hope you are all keeping safe through this awful time. I hope you are all still motivated to learn welsh. I have found it very difficult to keep motivated through all this. Hopefully, we will all still be able to meet up at Bootcamp sometime.
Stay Safe

Helo Pawb and helo Sandra, yes, I know the feeling. I had to go back to Germany two weeks ago… was running out of funds as I had zero income so far thanks to Corona and still it doesn’t look good for the next few weeks. My brains seems on “emergency mode” most of the time and I simply didn’t have the energy to do much… strangely enough. :cry::cry: feel quite deflated… My life is difficult to plan at the best of times, but especially now. Between Brexit and Corona I have no idea where my life is heading …

I can sympathise with you, Ingrid. I have only left the house a few times since lockdown started - just a few walks, late in the evening, when there are few people about. I haven’t seen my family, as they live more than 5 miles away. I, too, feel as if I am on ‘emergency mode’ . Gardening and doing SSIW seem to be the only things I can concentrate on. I’m usually a great reader, but I can’t get lost in a book.
I heard today that a Danish friend of ours, who works in the UK, is almost at breaking point because he can’t go ‘home’. It is so sad.
However,we will get through this. It will pass and we will meet in Tresaith one day, all speaking better Welsh, because we have all done more SSIW. We will astound ourselves with our fluency. We will appreciate our bwtcamp more, and our coming together as Welsh speakers more, because of lockdown. Here’s to the future, to our meeting up and to friendship in hard times!

3 Likes

Just wanted to say an early Merry Christmas to you all, with the hope that we get to meet up at Bwtcamp next year sometime. Hwyl x

Bore da pawb,
Happy Christmas to you all too. I’m still here, toiling through Level 2 lesson 19, but the good thing is that, by the time we all meet up, I will be able to “siarad moy” than I could in April!
Keep safe and well. Hwyl X

Merry Christmas everyone :christmas_tree:
I hope you’re all well and safe and that we’ll be able to come together at the Bwtcamp some time next year.

Nadolig Llawen to you all, and I do hope that Bwtcamps will be able to start again in 2021.

Take care x

1 Like

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda pawb! I hope we and the rest of the world have a better 2021. Gwela i chi yn fuan (gobeithio).

1 Like

The same from me! A merry Christmas to all of you (despite Corona etc.) and all the best for 202! May we meet and speak Welsh! :slight_smile: I hope you all found a way to make something positive out of the strange way we will have to celebrate Christmas this year. We will have a Zoom Christmas this year in my family. Take care, Ingrid

1 Like

Dear fellow bwtcampers,

I was just wondering - now that life slowly starts to evolve again - if there are any news about “our” bwtcamp?

I must admit shamefully that I stopped doing my Welsh lessons about 11 months ago (it was just too much for my brain, there was too much else going on, between the pandemic, no work and moving to Wales due to Brexit). So, I live in Lampeter now (unfortunately not with Welsh speaking people).

About 2 weeks ago I decided to start my Welsh again. I had stopped last spring somewhere in beginning/ middle of level 2. I thought, maybe - just to get back into the swing of things - I listen to level one, lesson 10? :exploding_head: DIDN’T UNDERSTAND A WORD! :worried: Went back to lessen 5 - still confusion… lessen 2… that felt better… but REALLY - lesson 2??? I know, your brain is supposed to remember everything. I am just not sure my brain is aware of that expectation…

Anyway. If I have to start over again, I will … Dw’i eiseau siarad Cymraeg!

How does it look for you? And how does the planning situation look like on the SSI side (question for Iestyn or Deborah, I suppose). :slight_smile:

Hwyel, Ingrid

1 Like

Hi Ingrid, I was hoping for some news on future bwtcamps too. I’m guessing they’re still working everything out at HQ. Wishing you all the best with starting over I’m sure as you work through it gradually things will start clicking back into place. All the best hopefully we can bwtcamp soon. Caz

hello all! Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten you, promise :heart_eyes:

As you’ve guessed, we’re trying to work out what we can do, where and when for the rearranged Bootcamps given the current Covid-related restrictions. Things are starting to ease here in Wales, which is so hopeful, but we’re not yet quite there, unfortunately. As soon as things get to the point where Bootcamps are a possibility, we’ll be in touch with the details. And just to confirm, those of you who booked and paid for the 2020 Bootcamps will get first refusal, as promised.

I hope that helps reassure you, and hopefully it won’t be too much longer before we can make firmer plans! Take care, Stine

1 Like

Sorry, folks - some gloomy news over here:

Hmhh… does that mean that you don’t see any bwtcamps in 2022 either??? I’d be happy to wait… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Somehow with all the Covid-mess I have stopped my Welsh lessons and had been hoping that a date for the bwtcamp sometime in the future would give me the badly needed kick to get myself going again…

I’m sorry we weren’t able to give you that extra nudge! Maybe if you commit to some speaking practice sessions in Welsh Speaking Practice (www.saysomethingin.com/wsp) that will help? :crossed_fingers:

2022 is just so hard to foresee at the moment, in terms of what the safety levels will be, what our staff availability will be, so I really don’t want to make any promises, I’m afraid :frowning:

Understood… any chance you could let me know when / if you start running bwtcamps again and give me a chance to re-book? - whenever that may be?

It was so difficult to get that booking in and I was so delighted to have made it (and so devastated that it didn’t take place). I felt like I had won the lottery and then someone snatched the pot of gold away again…

:slight_smile: Ingrid

2 Likes