[6 month course] - I listened to my '3 stories' recording, and here's how I feel now

Thanks Deborah,
I’ve just got Heini Gruffodd’s Welsh Learners Dictionary and Steve Morris and Paul Meara’s Welsh Words (which has a North Wales version) so there’s no excuses now!

1 Like

Hmm -need to work on sounding a little less like BBC English person :wink:

1 Like

I did it and I didnt cringe!! Rather proud of myself I was. but I think I need to speed up. I think I will do this again to help me with my pronunciation. Well done everyone - Ive read through some of your posts - I think we all had to brace ourselves with a glass of wine before listening to our own voice.

3 Likes

I still stumble a bit over the pronunciation of some words but it is coming along okay, ploughing on …

3 Likes

Listening to that recording made me realise that I’ve learned a lot already - dw i 'di dysgu llawer mewn amser byr/I’ve learned a lot in a short time, as they say - and that I should focus a bit more on how much I’ve learned, and a bit less on every mistake I make.

5 Likes

I have done my sentences now. Listening to them back I can hear mistakes and mispronounciation, but also dw i’n hapus a dw i’n sunniad faint dw i wedi dysgu yn barod. Thank you for the SSwI team for making it possible. Onto level 2 challenge 7 now!

4 Likes

I’ve listened to my 3 stories. I’m not happy with my accent, it doesn’t sound very Welsh ha! But I don’t make too many mistakes so I’m happy.

4 Likes

@emily-mccaw don’t worry about the accent. Aim to sound more Welsh if you can, but it’s really not a problem as long as people can understand you.

If you think about the variety of accents people have speaking English, especially those who have learnt it as an adult, generally it doesn’t interfere with understanding and some of them sound really lovely!

2 Likes