Anyone want to discuss "Un Bore Mercher" (S4C)? - warning - might contain spoilers

Thanks :slight_smile: Well, I was inspired by that article you found, which said among other things that Faith had to become an action hero! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please folks, can the nasty landowner with the tractor get caught in the firefight and die in terrible agony able to see nothing but a large sign on a church wall, ā€œ'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.ā€

2 Likes

Exactly! She needs a buggy at the very least. It would solve at least one of her problems.
:joy:[quote=ā€œAnnaC, post:40, topic:10116ā€]
DI Williams is ofnadwy iawn
[/quote]
Iā€™ve just worked out that she did Tic Toc - Bonkers, scary, but really good. She is SO easy to dislike in this! Perhaps she could get it in the shoot out along with the nasty landowner, eh @henddraig? Although theyā€™ll both need to die slowly so they can regret their ways and humbly apologise to those concerned. Mr Lloyd will have to be waiting on the ā€˜other sideā€™ for his apology though.
Iā€™m not sure Evan will be forgiven even if he returns in time for a dramatic hero moment - heā€™d better have a pretty good excuse for all this.

1 Like

Evan is OK looking, if a bit more chunky than my ideal, but i would not forgive him in Faithā€™s place, whatever his excuse. Mind, because of his Dadā€™s character in Y Gwyll, I keep thinking, "was it him in with gangs, and his son dragged in by blackmail trying to protect Dad, whose retirement he made a condition of him doing the sorting?

1 Like

I thinkā€¦

• DI Williams, despite her obvious grudge against Faith, will eventually and reluctantly be led by the evidence to see Faith as the injured/innocent party;
  • Steve probably will prove to be the rough diamond he currently appears to be, given the grief heā€™s getting from the Glynns;
  • Evan is a somewhat foolish man-child whoā€™s got in way out of his depth, and it is more likely to be down to Faith to save him than vice-versa;
  • Tomā€™s friend, the senior police officer who admitted to Tom that he put Evan in touch with some criminals, and wants to get it all cleared up quietly, is possibly a lot dodgier than he presents as;
  • if Tomā€™s friend is dodgy, Iā€™m wondering a bit about Tom, too.

My two-pennā€™orth.

3 Likes

Totally agree reTom. His friend has the other disadvantage too, he is played by an actor I have learned to associate with very nasty pieces of work!

Interesting thoughts, everyone.

One thought I had was that DI Williams & co were rather exceeding their brief in searching Faithā€™s house werenā€™t they? They were called out to a break-in, but seemed to take it as carte-blanche to do a full search. I suppose that if they were exceeding their powers, Faith would be the one to know.
Unfortunately, they found some evidence compromising Evan, so maybe that justified it (legally speaking, I mean).

I wonder if there is more to come out in relation to Bethan, Mali Harriesā€™s character. Thus far, sheā€™s really only been a ā€˜bit partā€™.

Sheā€™s clearly very unhappy, but what about?

1 Like

about Terry and Faith being a bit too close perhaps?

When I saw the pills + booze, Ithought we were looking at a suicide attempt. But Terry didnt call an ambulance so perhaps not.

1 Like

I thought that it was more a moment of revelation for him - that she had been taking mood stabilising drugs, and hadnā€™t told him. To me, it underlined the previous comments about not talking or listening to each other.

She was really upset when her mum confessed her infidelity and the fact that her brother might be her half brother. Perhaps that was enough to push her to her current state. And sheā€™s not getting on too well with her husband at this point. But is there something else?

1 Like

I donā€™t suppose anyone can point me to the music in the end credits this week. I liked it! I tried looking through the credits but nothing obvious to my learner eyes. The song chorus roughly translates to ā€œplease donā€™t leaveā€ but Iā€™ve forgotten already and there was another song in the credits of an earlier episode that was about ā€œfalling downā€ which I wanted to listen again to too. Iā€™m enjoying this series a lot. And excited to understand bits too. I hope the bbc donā€™t leave too many unanswered questions. Expecting a big plot twist in someone trusted turning out not so good, or at least big secrets. Agree thereā€™s probably more to reveal from Tom and family. And who is Evanā€™s biological dadā€¦ ? Was the number on the bin phone the same as the number in the book? Might have to rewatch. And try suss out that music again!

2 Likes

It seems that Amy Wadge wrote the music, and Ella Hughes sang it. Here is some stuff on it and also the filming locations. Ignore the adverts if your computer will let you :frowning: Or you can google In bore Mercher for more stuff.

*Un

What about Tomā€™s friend, the slightly dodgy police officer for Evanā€™s Dad? I know Evanā€™s mum said that he had gone away, but sheā€™s hardly like to say otherwiseā€¦

1 Like

Oh poor Evan! I think finding that out might well justify suicidal feelings!

I would never have thought of that, but now you mention it ā€¦

ā€¦and Faith didnā€™t seem to trust him as far as she could throw him, did she?

1 Like

We have now learned that the homeless man, is that Arthur?, looks like a gangā€™s plant. I must say, for a lawyer, Faith seems very trusting! I spent a lot of time thinking, Oh Lord, woman, you walked into that! i am now sure Tom and dodgy top cop are in much up to teeth, if not deeper! Ble mae Evan? Is he hidden by Tom and top cop? Does he know what a mess he has left Faith in?

For some reason, Iā€™ve plunged myself into the Welsh-speaking Twittersphere Gymraeg regarding Amy Wadgeā€™s music. Unfortunately, there was no way of editing out my grammar mistakes on a 2nd reading.

2 Likes

Do you think? Iā€™ve certainly been wondering who he was phoning, but somehow I didnā€™t get the impression it was the gang(s). Well, not the Glynns anyway. He spoke out against them to Faith. The Reardons? Well, maybe. And whose house was he in when he was looking out of a window at Faith being driven away by the cops?

My current theory: Itā€™s actually Evan who heā€™s in contact with! Looking after Faith for him (not doing very well, admittedly).

Now, who is the ā€œdodgy detectiveā€ who was blackmailing Alpay? Was that DI Williams? I think thatā€™s what we are meant to think. But what if its that other female DI (DCI?) from (I think) Swansea who appeared on the scene this week?

And who was the woman who turned up in the dark Mercedes and told Williams to skedaddle? I thought at first it was the Glynn woman, but then I thought it might be that other female detective weā€™d seen earlier.

It would be kind of fitting if Williams ended up getting busted for corruption. She certainly seems to have exceeded her authority all over the place. Did she have a warrant to break into Steveā€™s caravan and search it? (I doubt it). Itā€™s a pity that Steve lost his temper at the police station, as he was running rings round them up to that point.

I think you are right that the dodgy top cop is indeed, dodgy, and probably up to something. Not so sure about Tom, although he clearly has something to hide.

BTW, I found the Welsh quite difficult this week (possibly my ears being dodgier than usual, or my brainā€¦), and needed the English subtitles to make head or tail of what was going on.

Me too! :disappointed:

[quote=ā€œmikeellwood, post:58, topic:10116ā€]
and needed the English subtitles to make head or tail of what was going on.[/quote]
As complicated as this story has become, it is no wonder!