Anyone want to discuss "Un Bore Mercher" (S4C)? - warning - might contain spoilers

And he was there at that time or shortly after wasn’t he? There’s a shot of him getting in his truck near their house. BUT was he just keeping an eye on whoever else might be hovering around the house? Does he know who left the bullet?
Evan’s sister is really a narky bit of work - got that much more watching it this time around. Clever of the DI to plant more seeds of doubt with her at the bar.
AND EVERYONE MISSES FLIPPING VERRUCAS!

1 Like

I oresumed he didn’t want to have to explain to Faith why he was guarding her house and kids!

1 Like

Also, as you probably know, the songs are out now in both languages, and sailing up the charts. I thought that something was afoot when we weren’t getting any replies to our nosey questions.

1 Like

I saw a tweet from Amy Wadge, not two weeks ago, saying something to the effect that the songs would be published, but it didn’t mention a time frame. Thanks for the heads-up, I checked my music subscription service immediately, and I am glad to say that they have it (in both languages, hyd yn oed)

I’m trying to put a link on the Welsh music thread if permitted

I thought I was on the set last night. Police chase ended up with baddy destroying our internet :frowning:

I vaguely recognise an aerial cable or two but not much else. Is that your local cable TV source, and did the villain drive into it? A painful way for Life to meet Art.

Ah yes sorry, it was real life. Said “villain” drove into the cable box, killing off our street internet connection.

Item placed here in error now removed! Sorry folks!

Episode 4 of “Keeping Faith”:

Was it just me, or were there loads of scenes in this that weren’t in the Welsh version?

I must say, they were very helpful scenes in explaining more of the story, a lot of which was still a bit of a mystery at the end of the Welsh version (even using the subtitles).

Or perhaps I just went to sleep a lot during the showing of the Welsh version.

Not sure… my memory plays tricks and I muddle series in my mind, but my thoughts were that if I was Faith, when Efan finally came back, I’d whack him and drive him out into the snow/hail/driving rain for putting me and kids through all that!

I’ve seen the first 4 episodes so far…and honestly, signor Baldini has started to grow on me. If I was Faith, I think I couldn’t resist his roguish kind of baddy charm much longer. He has honour…a mafioso that has his heart in the right place and cares. :sunglasses: (Oh yes, I do always fall for the bad boys…) :wink:

2 Likes

A bad boy certainly, but we now know that Evan/Efan, as well as Faith, was very kind to him, and I’d hope he was too much of a gentleman to betray that kindness.

1 Like

Oops, yes, you’re right, of course! I’ve just realised that my comment was written from a single woman’s point of view…:innocent::wink::joy: I can imagine that signor Baldini has developed feelings for Faith, but, as you pointed out, wouldn’t betray Faith and Efan’s (that his name in Welsh, isn’t it?) kindness…or so I hope.

Mark Lewis Jones ia a very well known and versatile actor in both languages. I think he has a rather boyish grin at times and is very good at playing bad boys with hearts of gold!

2 Likes

Again (unless I am much mistaken) there were some changes from the Welsh episode.

Tonight we saw Bethan drinking wine directly from a bottle in the fridge of the house of one of her clients. She then proceeded to steal some items.

This ties in with a later episode where Terry accuses her of stealing (but I was completely mystified by that accusation in the Welsh version, as I didn’t think we’d seen her steal.

Also tonight, we didn’t see the chap who wanted to buy the house…(the actor who used to play the Headteacher in Gwaith-Cartref)…who opened the booze of the houseowner, offered Bethan a drink and flirted with her. Unless that comes in a later episode.

I think that’s the first time I’ve ever heard “Mr Lloyd” speaking in English.

Interesting - wonder if the changes were made during editing rather than filming - a lot more would have been filmed than ended up in the final ‘cut’ - maybe different editors were used for the Welsh and English versions - must remember to keep an eye out for that in the credits for each version…

2 Likes

Also, I am stating the obvious: The English version episodes are slightly “longer” as they don’t have the advert break.

2 Likes

So… the car that drops Arthur off, all neat and tidy is the same car as the one caught on camera near Faith’s house in episode 1. Same number plate. I suspect it is the one we see later on when Dr Alpay has her little mishap too. Glad this is on again - I clearly wasn’t paying attention last time!

2 Likes

Same here! Unless this is one of those little tweaks they have added for the English version.
I liked the little touch of Arthur gingerly feeling his newly shorn hair. :slight_smile:

I think I now know who drives that car, but I won’t mention it now, as that would definitely be a spoiler for those who haven’t seen it, or who (like me) were still in the dark about a few of the finer points.

1 Like