Anyone want to discuss "Un Bore Mercher" (S4C)? - warning - might contain spoilers

And the phone numbers in the text message on Arthur’s found phone and in the diary found by Faith are identical - maybe someone’s mentioned this already…

1 Like

Oh good one! No, I had not spotted that. But I think it (sort of ) confirms my suspicion of whose car & phone it is.

Edit: This is why I love/loved Keeping Faith / Un Bore Mercher. It’s not quite a crime series like Craith or Y Gwyll, but it keeps us guessing as much as any whodunnit.
(and the scenery isn’t bad! :slight_smile: ).

1 Like

Flipping heck @johnwilliams_6 - what a spot!! Good skills!

Carmarthenshire will get you in the end… :wink:

1 Like

To be honest, when Faith found the number in the dairy, just wound back the PVR, stopped at Arthur’s scene, wrote down number, fast forwarded back, stopped at diary scene and checked numbers against each other - channelling my inner ‘Terry’ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I did with the number plate. :joy:

2 Likes

Just seen Mali Harries in her true life crime programme Y Detectif! There’s quite a bit of wafting about in slow motion, but some of the crimes are goodies!
One about Leigh-Ann Sabine. Whole story is completely boncyrs!

Pontardawe Police station :slight_smile:

I remember popping in there once. when my van radio got stolen.

1 Like

You were lucky to get out without being banged up, if DI Williams was on duty… :wink:

1 Like

@margaretwerdermann
Good news Margaret! The music is now available on iTunes/Spotify/etc in English and in Welsh!

Apple Music
Un Bore Mercher - EP by Ela Hughes on Apple Music
Listen to songs from the album Un Bore Mercher - EP, including “Cân Faith”, “Cwympo Ni’n Dau Lawr”, “Dyma Fi’n Mynd 'To” and many more. Buy the album for £4.99. Songs start at £0.99. Free with Apple Music subscription.

Apple Music
Keeping Faith - EP by Amy Wadge on Apple Music
Listen to songs from the album Keeping Faith - EP, including “Faith’s Song”, “We Fall Down”, “Here I Go Again” and many more. Buy the album for £4.99. Songs start at £0.99. Free with Apple Music subscription.

2 Likes

Nice to see there appears to be an option of buying individual songs - I looked before & could only see how to get the album. I loved the title track but found the rest a bit meh.

1 Like

BRILLIANT!!! Thanks so much, @siaronjames!

I’ll have to tell my cousin in England. After watching Un Bore Mercher, I got her totally hooked on the English version. (Sadly, she doesn’t speak Welsh.) You’d laugh if you saw her texts to me after the most recent episode aired. What a fabulous show when it can cross language boundaries so perfectly!

2 Likes

I have to admit that I had no idea who Kizzy Crawford was when she first appeared in “Un Bore Mercher”, and now “Keeping Faith”.

Just found this programme on iPlayer Radio:

I must say, I much prefer the real Kizzy to the uptight uniformed PC she played in “Un Bore Mercher” /“Keeping Faith”!

(especially as Cwm Rhondda is my favourite hymn tune by miles).

1 Like

I wasn’t that wrong, was I…there definitely is ‘something’ between Faith and Mr Baldini. Faith couldn’t even deny it when Tom asked her about it in the car on the beach. I can understand her, as signor Baldini seems much more down to earth, much more emotionally available and open than Efan…

1 Like

Faith’s friend Lisa had Efan down as “repressed”… :slight_smile:

Yes, there is definitely electricity sparking between Faith and Steve, but if Faith knew that Efan was coming back, she would (perhaps reluctantly) remove the batteries.

2 Likes

A reminder that we’re now up to episode 7, and things are moving towards a climax:

I have only just found this thread. I caught up with the last 3 episodes of ‘Un bore Mercher’ last night (as I have had them recorded since before Xmas) To say I am confused by the ending is an understatement!! Can anyone explain was the very last scene a dream?

1 Like

As we are so close to the last episode of “Keeping Faith” (which is the English version of “Un Bore Mercher”, may I politely suggest that we all refrain from explaining the very last scene of “Un Bore Mercher” ), until we’ve all had chance to watch the last episode of “Keeping Faith”.

(I suspect it might also answer some of your confusion @lynwen-harrington).

I speak as one who was pleasurably confused by " Un Bore Mercher", and who continues to be pleasurably confused by “Keeping Faith”. It’s part of the fun of watching it. :slight_smile: ).

2 Likes

While re-watching the series with my wife I had an “I know that face” moment with DCI Huw Parry, played by Richard Elfyn. Anyone remember the Cymraeg-teaching programme “Now You’re Talking”? He’s obviously quite a bit younger there, but Richard Elfyn plays the part of Gareth, the main male person being followed in the enacted day-to-day situations :open_mouth:

I’ve seen snips of that used in a much more recent series, but I had totally failed to notice who Gareth was!!!

Whilst holding back on the final episode:
One word - WOW!!!
We taped the episodes so spent yesterday and today catching up to the penultimate episode…

Can’t wait for Wednesday AAAAAGH!!!

3 Likes