Beta test iOS app

Helo pawb!

I’m looking for people to beta test a new update to the iOS app. This is a biggish change so I want to get it all shiny before releasing ;-). The main feature being added is that now lessons can be streamed - i.e. you don’t need to explicitly manage downloading the audio files before doing a lesson. You still can manage downloads, of course, for times when you know you won’t have a good internet connection.

Anyone can become a tester in two easy steps**:

1. Install the TestFlight app on your iDevice
  2. Click the link below, on your iDevice

Give a shout here (or PM me) if you have any questions or troubles.

** I haven’t tested this yet, so hopefully it really is two easy steps!

1 Like

I can confirm it is two easy steps.
Only detail: I clicked and clicked again on the link but nothing happened. So I copied and pasted it in Safari (that’s probably its favorite) and it worked fine.

I’m going to PM questions, not to influence other testers! :grin:

2 Likes

Excellent enjoying this new interface - 2 easy steps downloading and great the way it works great improvement

2 Likes

@lewie Is this 2.18 (89)? You’ll be shocked to know :wink: that I’ve upgraded to iOS 12 (having in the end completely skipped iOS 11). What I have as the current beta is working fine so far, streaming and all. Will keep you posted if I find any glitches. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Set up was very straight forward (even for me). Pleased to see that the search icon is now available when you access the forum through the app. I’m sure this was missing on the previous version (I may be wrong about this though). Streaming seems to be working fine. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I updated the beta of the iOS app last night. If you signed up via the “Join the SaySomethinginWelsh beta” link above, please let me know if you received a notification that there’s an update.

1 Like

Yes!

1 Like

Gwych - diolch!

I received the notification too.

2 Likes

I’ve pushed out another update. This one supports the Advanced content - it should appear after Level 3. You may also see some slight change in behaviour with the play/pause button. I’m working on some improvements, but it’s not all finished yet.

1 Like

Hi @lewie

Yes I can see an ‘advanced’ tab :+1:

Currently empty…not sure whether that is also part of the plan but progress either way :smile:

Rich

2 Likes

Hmm… it’s not empty for me … maybe try a refresh?

Ah … no I see … the Advanced content is currently tagged as northern. If you switch to Northern you’ll see it.

2 Likes

Ok. One sec

Bingo. Ok. Yes I see it. Great!

I can download it…but then when I click on it nothing happens - does that bit work for you?

Actually I’ve just tried it on the standard lessons and the same thing happens- I have only just downloaded the beta version- so maybe something isn’t quite right.

Ok. Crash stopped it and restarted.

It’s now wooooorking!

2 Likes

Just tested it in streaming (after reading here I had to switch to North to see it!).
It works fine. I can also see the sort of “breathing dots” on the play button that seem a new thing!

2 Likes

So can something be tagged as both north and south simultaneously or will it have to go in twice/ different locations?

1 Like

Working here, streamed or downloaded. It would be nice if us Southern learners didn’t have to switch to North for the Advanced content, but perhaps the way things are set up that isn’t possible. I’m not complaining…it’s awesome to have this available in the app so I don’t have to download it to my phone separately. Thanks @lewie!

1 Like

I’ll push out a new beta shortly to work around this. The Growth Club content is also tagged Northern, and I similarly just worked around it.

3 Likes