Booking: Tresaith Bootcamp, September 19th - 26th

Wishing you all a fantastic week. So wish that I could go. It would bring my Cymraeg on in leaps and bounds I’m sure. Looking forward to hearing all about it!

2 Likes

Hi Nic, please ignore my ramblings re the geographic location of Gloucester and Swindon!! Clearly I will be drinking in different pubs to the rest of the group - if I can’t get directions right in English I have no chance in Welsh. Still happy to car share.

1 Like

Dot, the very good news for you is that you will find it tough to get lost or wind up in the wrong pub in Tresaith!

Joiwch, bawb! I hope you all have a great, warm, dry, and especially laughter-filled week. I’ve done Bootcamp twice. You have such a fun adventure ahead!

3 Likes

Dot, I have some plans tomorrow which may delay me setting off so its probably easier to make our own way. Look forward to seeing you there. Hwyl
Nick

Nic, it was lovely meeting up with you again at the start of bootcamp, only sorry I didn’t get chance to see how you were all getting on during the week. Hope it all went well and that you’ll be back again to siarad some more soon x

Thanks Ros, it was delightful to see you again and thanks so much for the meal on nosweith Sadurn. Well, what a week: lot’s of interesting things to do including the coracle museum and Castell Henlys. A lovely group of people who laughed together and were supportive of each other: bwtcamp has its challenges at times; and a quite lunatic noson lawen, not to mention the singing of Queen songs yn Gymraeg and an inspirational impromptu speech from Iestyn on the Thursday night.
I still managed the daily nofio with other crazy swimmers like Lindsey, Bronwyn and Hywel but I can no longer hope to challenge the dolphin as the “Prince of the Ocean” - those days are gone!
Incredible organisational stamina from Iestyn and Cat with great help from Dee and I’m sure all the bwtcampers are very grateful to them for making it possible.
Nic

5 Likes

Well, if you all enjoyed the bwtcamp (sorry, Mwtcamp) as much as I did, then we are most definitely ahead!

Massive thanks to Dee who made it possible for me to take a couple of days off, which meant I was only half dead arriving home on Saturday (night, after a day on the beach with the kids, and bumping into a strange Welsh-speaking German couple about 20 times…!)

I hope everyone got home safely - let us know about your hilights and experiences after bootcamp!

5 Likes

I’ve been asked to write a bit about the problems of patchy mobile phone signals in west Wales for a site called cable.co.uk, so if anyone on bootcamp would like to PM me their experiences and doesn’t mind them being made public (you can give your name or be anonymous) that would be great.

Fantastic bootcamp, great to meet you all, and hope we meet up again!

5 Likes

Meddulais i Y bootcamp yn dda iawn. Mae rhaid i fi yn meddwl am mynd y flwythin nesa. The non contact game with the paper ball and sticks should in future be called “murder ball”. Dee was too fit and rough for me.
Conrad

4 Likes

Hello fellow September 2015 Bootcampers!

I am home now, after a wonderful week with my relatives up north. I mostly remembered to switch back to Northern Welsh, with a “gyda” or two slipping in. ;o)

It was wonderful to share the week with all of you. Thank you for sharing your contact information with me. I’ll send a message out to all of you later today or tomorrow, so that we’ll all know how to be in touch.

I hope everyone had the opportunity to watch the Wales v. England rugby match. It was the first I had ever seen, and what a way to start! I enjoyed thinking of Peter and Irena (sorry if that’s spelled wrong, Peter) in a pub that night… what an experience that must have been!

I hope that many of you will come to visit me in upstate New York sometime!

Bronwyn

3 Likes

This sounds so Slovene …

Glad to hear you’re home safe, Bronwyn, and I hope you had a great time in the frozen north after sunny Tresaith…

That was a pretty good first rugby match to watch - I hope you’re addicted.

2 Likes