Bridgend (Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr) monthly meetups

Hi, I’m visiting Wales next week so will miss the second Saturday in December. Do you know of other meet-ups nearby where I can try out my Welsh on real people? I’ll be staying in Cowbridge and Bridgend and Cardiff are about my limit… Any suggestions welcome x

1 Like

Hi Kitsch…I think there is a meeting on Sat in Bridgend and Mon in Cardiff. If any good let me know and I’ll double check and get details. As always, open to all levels from zero to hero

Yes, in Bridgend we meet the second Saturday of the month. There’s a group that meets every Friday afternoon - 1:30pm at the leisure centre to go for a walk. This is organised by Menter Bro Ogwr.

Thanks very much, I’ll look up where that is. Not sure of my plans each day yet so will try to work in some Welsh speaking where I can!

Have you noticed there’s another meetup in your area? I’ve just spotted the announcement here on the forum: Cyfarfod Penybont - Bridgend meet up

Yes thank you Deborah, I had seen it.
Thanks for letting me know

Hi all, looks like Il Panino is takeaway only so we’ll be meeting at Aroma (next to Barclays) at 10am tomorrow. Hope to see you there :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

1 Like

So there is a meeting tomorrow the 11th? May I come?

Yes they are meeting today at 10 am in Aroma Cafe.

I’m late in getting up as I did not sleep well last night. It’s too late for me to come this month. I hope to come next month.

Do you always meet on the second Saturday of the month?

Yes, it’ll either be at Il Panino or Aroma. Hope to see you then :grin:

So the meet will be on the 8th at 10 am?

Yes, sorry I’ve only just seen your message :woman_facepalming:

Il Panino will be closed on Saturday so we’ll meet at Aroma café (next to Barclays) at 10am. We usually try to sit towards the far end where it’s less noisy :blush:

I plan to come tomorrow.

Great! See you there :grin:

Hi all. We’ll be meeting at Aroma tomorrow. See you at 10 o’clock :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Shw Mae pawb, can anyone tell me if these meetings are still going ahead and if so when and where is the next meeting?

Shwmae yes we meet the 2nd Saturday of the month in Aroma cafe Bridgend from 10-12.

1 Like

Diolch Heather. Only just seen this.