CACEN Meetup South East England

Hi Everyone. Sorry it’s been so long. where does the time go when schedules are so mashed up?

You may remember the Cacen (Cylch Alltud Cymraeg yn Ne Loegr) group has been around now for ten years. We have planned a camping weekend to celebrate near Kidwelly this next weekend (6-8 August). The plan is to chill on Friday evening, go to Caerfyrddyn and Gerddi Botaneg Saturday followed by a curry at the campsite restaurant and noson lawen after. Sunday morning a trip to Castell Carreg Cennen.

If any of our friends would like to meet up and participate in any or all of the above, please send me a private message and let me know.

Hope you are all surviving the shenanigans and hope to see some of you.

Mx

2 Likes

Oh what a shame that missed the Newsletter! I’m sure there would be lots of SSiWers around those places who would like to join you some of the time. If I was still living in Llandysul, I would be there! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Diolch Deborah, Sorry to have been so late in advising
Mx

1 Like

I’ve linked to the notice in our 6/6 Support Slack and also in the WSP Slack platform, so maybe you’ll get some interest :slight_smile:

@markwatkinprice is this group still going? There have been a few enquiries from people in the Surrey area recently.

Hi Deborah, I am here to let you know that Cacen South East group is still running… We are away at the end of July to Wales for a weekend and then some of us are going to the Eisteddfod, Where hopefully we will meet up other ssi people. We should be doing our next monthly meet up in Sep I can let you know where and when nearer the time. We would love for new people to come and join us.
It has taken us a little while to get back to pre covid days but we are getting there.
thanks for your help
Sally Mayger

1 Like

Diolch Sally! I hope to catch up with you and some of the group at the Eisteddfod. I’ll pop a note in this week’s newsletter reminding people of the CACEN group, and hopefully you’ll have some new members come September.

Hi I am Elaine and live in Sidcup, Kent - would love to join CACEN group but hope someone can advise

@sallyannmayger could you contact @elainemcclarence and give her information about the CACEN group please? Diolch :slightly_smiling_face:

I am new to SSiW and live in Surrey. I’d really like to be part of the CACEC group, and hopefully be able to join in a meet-up from time to time.
Please let me know how to join in. Many thanks, Jenny

Here’s the latest news from the CACEN group! Diolch yn fawr @sallyannmayger!

Cacen’s next meeting which will be held on the 18th September in Havant 1pm - 4pm. For more information please contact @sallyannmayger on private message.

Hi Sally-Ann,
I would be interested in the meet-up on 18th, depending on where it is, and how accessible it is by train.
Many thanks, Jenny

@JennySharples to contact Sally-Ann, you need to send her a private message.

To do that, click on her name where it appears above shaded with the @ in front. That will open up a little popup screen with a button showing an envelope and ‘Message’. Click on that and you’ll get a private screen where you can send a message to her directly. The best thing is if you give her your email address so that she can contact you directly. She doesn’t use the forum very much.

Thanks, Deborah - but where do I find her name, please?

It’s written in the post up above, but I’ll write it again here - @sallyannmayger

Hi Sallyann, I would be interested in coming along to the meet-up in Havant on 18th Sept. I’d be coming by train - how far is the venue from the station please? Thanks, Jenny

Jenny, you need to click on @sallyannmayger to get the little popup with the Message button. Then you click on that button and send your message directly to Sally. She doesn’t often come into the forum, so she probably won’t see it otherwise.

Hi! I’ve decided to learn Welsh and I am looking for a group nearby to meet/learn/practise with… I googled a bit and CACEN came up… How would I go about getting involved? I’m in W Sussex. Diolch!

If you click on Sally’s user name @sallyannmayger you’ll see that you can send her a Private Message. That’s the best way to contact her and find out details about the group.

Hi we are having our next meeting on the 18th of September in Havant.
We will have a relaxing afternoon chatting in Welsh/ English all welcome at any level.
for more details, please message @sallyannmayger