Calling learners in Kent

Helo Marcus!
Unfortunately, I no longer run a group in Kent as I moved to Cymru in 2015 and the Rochester meetups didn’t continued afterwards.

Another meet did start in Canterbury in 2017 (as mentioned in this thread) with another learner based there, but unfortunately didn’t really take off as a regular meet. As far as I’m aware, the learner who ran the group is still based in Canterbury and might be willing to look at starting a new group if there’s interest - you can only ask! I will tag @Kerstin in this conversation and hope she will get in touch.

The Rochester meet was also ran by another Medway resident who may/may not still be living in the area. I will also tag @dinas (Kim) in case he’s also interested in attending a future meet.

Another thing you could do is put the feelers out and try to organise a mew meet yourself through this forum. This is how I was able to start the Rochester group, and how the Canterbury meet was able to get off the ground. For the year and a half the Rochester group ran it did become quite successful - the summer Saturdays in the beer garden of the Coopers Arms were often almost dominated with spoken Welsh once a month!

I hope you can arrange something though. Since I do still visit that way now and again I may even come along myself if you do get a meet up and running!

Pob lwc! :+1:

…I’ve also shared your Facebook group through my ‘Siarad!’ page there. :slightly_smiling_face:

I am trying to set up a new Group in Kent as I cant currently find anything active. I thought that Maidstone might be a good place to meet as it is pretty central for everyone.

facebook.com

Kent Welsh Speakers and Learners

I am based in Medway, I am a learner of 3 years looking for build a small group of people happy to meet up and speak Welsh.

1 Like

Hi, I am in Sevenoaks and dw i’n dysgu Cymraeg. Let me know if you’d like to chat I don’t think there are many of us out here! :smile:

Hi I’m in Sevenoaks, not too far away. Let me know if you fancy a chat some time.