Can we get a group set up in Northampton?

Hi Glynn, thats completely understandable. Lets wait to see what we hear back about other people based in Leicester but I’d be happy to alternate between Leics and Market Harborough if others are? For me I’m only really available weekday evenings as I work during the day and at the minute at least am busy at weekends - but I don’t know what suits others? It sounds like that might not work for @aaltinaharminawalker
Fingers crossed some more Northants learners might surface too to give us options

Well, after a burst of enthusiasm on the Facebook group, when I asked for suggestions of days, pubs and so on, it’s all gone quiet on that group! It’s not really feasible for me to travel far in the evenings now it’s dark, but a local pub would be great if it’s quiet (hence suggesting a Monday rather than a Friday!)

I don’t know if you have any places in mind, @charlie-o but I think I might pop into the Clarendon this coming Monday evening and see how busy it is just to get an idea of how feasible this is.

Chris, Lle mae’r dafarn?

Dw i ddim yn penderfynu eto, ond a i i’r tafarn “Clarendon” (yn Clarendon Park yn Leicester) ddydd Llun, i weld os mae e’n brysur. Efallai bydd e’n lle da?

Noswaith da a diolch . Ond, dw I dal 57filltir teithio cwmpas! ar ol. Gobeithio gwrdd I chi un dyddiau.
Hwyl
Glynn

1 Like

Ah, wel gobeithio mae pobl yn Northampton hefyd sy’n hoffi gwneud grwp!

I know the Clarendon, and agree its probably the obvious option in terms of space and quietness, though you’ll know the area better than me I’m sure.
I only really know the Queens Road Tap, The Donkey and The Craddock in that area (is there anything else?) but they are usually busier/noisier in my experience.
Should be free most Monday evenings

Just to let people know that Charlie and I, and another person from Leicester, all met up in the Clarendon on Tuesday, and it went really well. Only three of us for now, but anyone else is welcome to join us! We’ll be meeting up again on 7 Feb.

1 Like