Ceri on Radio Cymru THIS Sunday 30/1, at noon

This is a message from Ceri Francis. I’m sure the programme will go well and the music will be beautiful. Best wishes to her and the other SSiWers who will be taking part.

This Sunday I’m doing a half hour programme for Radio Cymru. This is a regular Sunday, reflective service with songs. I’ll be including our SSiW version of Dyma Gariad which over 50 of our SSiWers took part in during the first lockdown.

The invitation to make this programme came about because of an anti-slavery song I wrote and recorded in Welsh last year. I became aware of anti-human trafficking and anti slavery issues through the amazing work of our own Reverend Brian Gregory who has spoken about these matters in chats and in a Noson Lawen.

The service is on the 30th January at noon on Radio Cymru. To say I feel out of my comfort zone is a huge understatement but if you’d like to listen please do. The lovely Emma Ireland, who is a regular performer in our SSiW Noson Lawens, and Brian Gregory are also taking part.

This is link to my anti-slavery song: https://youtu.be/4SH25Zk0V0w

This is a link to our version of Dyma Gariad which always makes me smile when I hear it. https://youtu.be/307bci4geXk

14 Likes

Thanks for posting this - Ceri’s song (Deugain Miliwn O Leisiau) is incredibly haunting…
And for us beginners, she has helpfully included English words as well!
I’ll try to listen on Sunday, if at all possible…

6 Likes

Thank you so much David and thank you for the lovely comment on youtube :smiley:

2 Likes

This was absolutely amazing! @ceri-francis, you spoke so well and handled a difficult topic with such sensitivity and heartfelt warmth. The musical pieces complemented your words and the whole presentation was so professional.

Congratulations to @emma-ireland and @brian-gregory as well! You both spoke so clearly and with confidence.

It’s still available on BBC Sounds if anyone hasn’t heard it yet - Yr Oedfa - BBC Sounds

6 Likes

Thank you so much Deborah. It was a privilege to do it but I couldn’t have done it without amazing help from the producer as well as lots of help and information from @brian-gregory and the brilliant contributions and encouragement from Brian and @emma-ireland.

4 Likes

Llongyfrchiadau! I will have a listen and leave a comment.

3 Likes

I would like to join in your next song please. All the best, Rachel

2 Likes

Da iawn i chi, Ceri! Chi’n ddewr iawn! / Well done, Ceri! You’re very brave!

2 Likes