Another Virtual Choir Opportunity for SSiWers

Back in the first lockdown I invited people from SSiW to join me in making a virtual choir recording of the well known hymn Dyma Gariad. I can’t remember the exact numbers but about 55 people took part and between us we made 86 tracks and a lovely version of the song which has been on the radio before but will be played again on Sunday 30th January.

The radio show is Yr Oedfa, Radio Cymru details here. The last song in the programme is one that I wrote quite a while ago in English but have, just this week, finished recording in welsh.

Moving forward, I would love to get some more voices on this song - basically 2 or 3 part harmony - the tune, a tenor part and alto. To take part you need to be able to sing into your phone while listening to the backing track on headphones - so you’ll need two devices and some headphones. You would also need to sing exactly what I ask you to sing in time and in tune without any background noises and ideally in a smallish space with lots of soft furnishing so the sound doesn’t bounce around and make you sound like you’re in the bathroom.

This is the song: https://soundcloud.com/ceri-francis/efo-chdi?si=5beaa68e959c46699bab198e540a75d3&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

If I get enough interest I’ll set up a zoom practice and further information.

Just to be clear, I’m looking for singing - not other instruments.

Please get back to me if you’re interested.

Ceri

8 Likes

Liciwn i ymuno a chdi. Heather

3 Likes

Grêt! :grinning:

3 Likes

Fi plis :blush::notes::notes:

3 Likes

Fi hefyd, plîs! (Tenor)
Diolch!

3 Likes

Mae gen I diddordeb!

2 Likes

Oes plîs. Rachel

3 Likes

Interested!

2 Likes

mae gyda fi ddiddordeb, Ceri. Diolch!

3 Likes

Fi hefyd plis! :musical_note:

3 Likes

Hoffwn I cymryd rhan plîs.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m interested, thanks

2 Likes

Looking forward to this if it goes ahead! Diolch, Ceri!

2 Likes

Fi hefyd os bosib, plîs! (Alto)

2 Likes

Please would you all send me an email so I have your email address and can add you to the group. Sorry I’ve been so slow. Write to me at ceri.music@gmail.com Thanks :blush:

2 Likes

@HeatherStanley
@judy-munford
@Garys
@amanda-brookes
@racheljonesworsley
@page-williams
@rosalind-townsend
@katharine-crew
@karen-51
@rose

Please send me an email at ceri.music@gmail.com so I can add you to my list. Thanks.

1 Like

@gwendolyn-jones
@marifach
As above (but I could only tag ten people) please email me at ceri.music@gmail.com Thanks

1 Like

I’ve heard from some people but still need the following to email me at ceri.music@gmail.com so I can add you to my list:
@marifach
@gwendolyn-jones
@karen-51
@rosalind-townsend
@page-williams
@Garys
@HeatherStanley
@judy-munford

If you think you emailed me already I may not have worked out who you are from your name on the forum so please do email me anyway so I know.

Thanks

1 Like

Still need the following people to email me at ceri.music@gmail.com
I know I’m repeating myself but I’m hoping you might spot an alert you on your phone or computer :sweat_smile:
@marifach
@karen-51
@rosalind-townsend
@page-williams
@Garys

2 Likes

Hi Ceri Karen 51 signing in for the côr

2 Likes