Clwb Finyl - Music appreciation society!

Croeso Dave. Welai chi mis Mawrth pan bydd y carafan yn ail agor. :grinning:

Hello there, yes we can deliver this in Cardiff, do you have a regular group that meets up? Diolch

Thanks a lot Dave, I’ll contact Lesley and Howard on the email address.Martin

Hello Rob, just checking that you messaged me with details of your group, as I didn’t receive anything, give me the details on here if it’s easier! Diolch, Martin

Sorry, I didn’t get round to emailing you. I’ll do it now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Helen, did you get a chance to mention this to your group last night? Diolch, Martin

Helo Martin
Dwi wedi bod yn rhedeg grĆ”p dysgwyr Cymraeg yn ardal Dyffryn Nantlle ers 2007. Sgwrs a Pheint ydan ni’n galw’n hunain, a dyna’n union ydan yn ei wneud: sgwrsio’n anffurfiol am pa bynnag bwnc sy’n codi. Mae amrywiaeth yn y lefelau o siaradwyr Cymraeg newydd sy’n mynychu, ond does neb yn colli allan. Credaf yn gryf bod gwrando yn gychwyn da i alluogi dysgu unrhyw iaith. Mae’r dysgwyr mwy profiadol yn falch, wrth gwrs, o fedru helpu y rhai newydd.
Mae rhwng 40 a 50 o aelodau yn y grƔp, ond tua 6 - 8 ar gyfartaledd sydd yn troi allan yn wythnosol.
Rydym yn cyfarfod yn y Clwb Bach ym Mhenygroes (Arfion) ac mae Deb sy’n aelod o’r grĆ”p wedi tynnu fy sylw at yr hyn wyt yn ei gynnig yn y Clwb Finyl. Baswn yn hoffi cael mwy o wybodaeth er mwyn medru trafod y peth efo’r grĆ”p. Tybed a faset yn fy ffonio ar 01286 882027 neu 07846 845000 pan fo’n gyfleus i ti os gweli’n dda?
Gyda diolch
Nora

I didn’t go last week, but mentioned it tonight. I’ll PM you with details.

1 Like

Ok great, you can email me at martin@communitymusicwales.org.uk , diolch!

3 Likes

Da iawn, anghygoel, diolch! What did everyone think about CD’s v Spotify?
Martin

Hi - I’ve emailed you, as you know since you’ve already replied! :slight_smile:

PLEASE NOTE CHANGE TO POSTER ABOVE. Because of unexpected circumstances, we’ve had to move the first session to the Llannerch (by the station). Same time, same day, different pub. No other sessions affected.

Thanks to Matt Trefyclo for pointing out that it can now officially be said that I can’t organise a p**s-up in a pub. :smile:

Hello Rob, just checking that tomorrows session is going ahead,

the two people Dan met last week weren’t sure.

I hope you’re better!

Martin

Attention people of Newport and the surrounding area!

We’ll be holding two Clwb Finyl sessions at the Cwtsh (during ‘Siop a Siarad’) on Stow Hill, the first on 24th February and and another on 3rd March.

Diolch!

Thomas

2 Likes

Hello Rob, how’s Clwb Finyl been going? Dan’s not going to make it tonight due to the weather,
he’ll carry on next week, Martin

Great! Everyone’s really enjoying it and Dan has some great stories of life as a musician.

I was wondering if he would brave it tonight, and I’m glad he won’t be risking Storey Arms at minus 8!

1 Like

Great, glad it’s going well!
Martin

1 Like

I should have said something about our sessions at the Sesiwn Siarad in Pwllheli with Clwb Finyl back in March?/April? but I’ve been away and then trying to tidy up after our various wanderings. I guess we’re a pretty stuffy lot and I’m afraid most of us didn’t realise for a couple of sessions how privileged we were to have 6 hours to ourselves with Neil Williams of Maffia, nor did we have much, or any, idea of his kind of music. Sorry Neil, you must have found us a bit of a wet blanket! Anyway, the sessions were very useful, giving us a bit of a laugh and another native (or near-native?) Welsh voice and also a bit of a shake out of our pensioned-off rut. And for some of us at least a new direction in Welsh music.
So thanks, Martin and Neil, and I hope we weren’t too much of a penance for Neil.

1 Like