SSi Forum

Coming Events from Menter Caerffili

I often get emails of Welsh language events from Menter Caerffili, so I’ll try to post them in this thread and keep you up-to-date:

Walking Club (Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 12 noon)

Jan 13th - Bargoed to Deri - meet at the parking spaces on Bristol Terrace (CF81 8RF).

Jan 20th - Draethen Hillfort - meet at Maenllwyd Pub carpark (CF83 3EB)

For more information, contact 07835 877612, morganroberts [AT] mentercaerffili.cymru

Paned a sgwrs - a chance to meet Welsh speakers in the area over a cuppa.

Jan 20th - 11 a.m. to 12 noon - Rhymni Library

Jan 30th - 10 a.m. to 12 noon - Cafe C37, Ystrad Mynach

Pawb a’i Farn - the TV series with Dewi Llwyd - will be filmed at Llancaiach Fawr, Nelson on Thursday, January 21st.

If you would like to be in the studio audience, contact 01352 754212

I know we don’t really want to be thinking about the winter yet, but Menter Caerffili are already promoting their courses and events that will start in September.

One great way - in fact pretty much the best way - to expand your vocabulary is to learn new words while doing something. Menter Caerffili are offering a cookery course through the medium of Welsh which would be a truly delicious way to learn new words!

But if cooking isn’t your thing, how about flower arranging? If you’re the “stick 'em in a vase and hope for the best” type of flower arranger, like me, you might find this a fun way to expand your Welsh vocabulary.

And here’s the latest from the Menter Caerffili Walking Club - try out your Welsh and make new friends at the same time!

Another ‘Sadwrn Siarad’ opportunity - this time in Ystrad Mynach

And for something different - how about a gaming evening in Welsh? It’s all happening THIS Friday!

And another for those interested in history in general, or more specifically the Welsh National Anthem:

Here we are - the latest Welsh-language events from Menter Caerffili!

Another Sadwrn Siarad in the Caerffili area, plus volunteers needed to help with Ffiliffest 2017

Coming up - the next Sadwrn Siarad from Menter Caerffili, though they appear to have the wrong year :wink:

And if you’re interested in getting some exercise in the fresh air while you chat in Welsh, here are the details for the next few weeks of the Walking Club:

Or if outdoor exercise isn’t your thing, this one is for all levels of fitness and all levels of Welsh!

Volunteers needed for this year’s Ffiliffest: