Desperation from level 1 (challenge 12-14)

Thank you @sasha-lathrop…good to know it’s not just me :upside_down_face:

1 Like

It’s definitely not! I panicked too, then I found out how many other people had been in the same spot and took a big sigh of relief. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Everyone panics at that bit but it’s all good you’ll get there.

3 Likes

Thank you to you all - I haven’t come often to the Forum because I don’t really know what to say, apart from “I’m really struggling” - first with 13/14 - all the he said and she said and to who - totally confused and just went through hoping it had sunk in. Now just done 16 and I think bits have stuck. Your confidence and knowing it’s not just me has been a great help! :slight_smile: :smile:

4 Likes

Welcome to the Forum @polly-pearshouse! We’re always here to give you a hand or a word of encouragement. I’m glad you’ve pressed on and are feeling better after challenge 16. :slight_smile: You are definitely not the only one. :smile:

1 Like

Hi @polly-pearshouse. As we are at the same stage, wondering if you might fancy getting together ‘virtually’ to share our new skills? Skype or similar…:slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Liz-Price. That sounds like a good idea but I haven’t got Skype and my iPad seems to be dying so FaceTime isn’t reliable. (How did you get your red bubble?) Away tomorrow for a couple of days but be good to catch up after and try to work something out :slightly_smiling_face:

That sounds like a plan. Give me a nudge when you’re back.

The red bubble appeared after I posted the 5 minute practice sentences on Soundcloud :slightly_smiling_face:

The coloured bubbles are for certain tasks - you can read more about them here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks - I thought I had but maybe they didn’t quite each Sound Cloud … try again

OK.

I’ll have to try posting mine again … :wink:

Oh thank you for asking this! I’ve been in exactly the same place and even had to stop for a bit over the summer as “mae” has had me confounded! The only good thing is that as I’ve gone back over it all (from challenge 10 - I was feeling that bad!), I’ve realised that some of it is sticking and I’m actually able to form sentences that I wouldn’t have imagined I would. Onwards and upwards … :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Time for a 10-14 ‘strugglers anonymous’ support group, I think :smile:

9 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Hello Liz. That part of the course is notoriously difficult. Several people have mentioned it to me as being a real challenge and I despaired, just like you. But if you trust the system and just carry on you will be amazed to find, a few weeks down the line, that those challenges seem really easy!
Press on and all will be fine! Grace

2 Likes

Thanks @grace-4 :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve recorded the 5 minutes challenge, sent it to SoundCloud but can’t find it here - lost in the ether :confused:

It’s here @polly-pearshouse - in exactly the right place The '5 Minutes' Test - recordings

Aw thank you - glad it reached the right place however stuttery it was - improved a bit since then I hope :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad to read that i’m not alone. The past 2 weeks have been busy and i struggled keeping up with my daily routine of 5-10 minutes. Have now ‘finished’ challenge of week 16, and heard Aran suggest that beating the voice is actually humanly possible… well, feels like i am tapering off, off the cliff! Sorry, had to vent!

More constructively, the sentences now do get very long i find. A button to skip back 10 second increments would be very helpful.