Dysgwr y Flwyddyn - Learner of the Year - congratulations to our finalists!

I blame Lara for my increasing Northern-ness. She started the Northern course when she started working in SYP, which in turn… turned me onto the idea of doing the course. However she has since gone back Southern :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m slowly working my way through the old course then will maybe listen to the first ten northern lessons for some perspective. :+1:t2:

1 Like

haha, it’s a trap. Before you know it, you’ll be two lessons in - switch your llath for llefrith and seriously looking up flats in Caernarfon and Bangor before you know it!

4 Likes

Ah but do you gweud Llefrith or deud it??

Like everyone else says, it’s fantastic you’ve come so far in only 18 months, gives me a bit of hope anyway :smile:

Do you mind me asking what ratio you speak welsh /english now? Is it a large majority welsh or kind of 50:50?

1 Like

Hi Toni.

In the house it’s 100% Welsh. The only time I really speak English in the house (or even at all now) is during conference calls in work (I work from home)

Thanks for your kind words

3 Likes

this is where it gets ominous… I “deud” it, but Llath has stuck with me :slight_smile:

Thank you Wondersheep!

From the amount of mail and comments I’ve received today I think it is fair to say that a lot more people watch Bore Da on a Sunday than they do Prynhawn Da on a Tuesday :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I always download it (bore da that is) then watch it when I get chance (Wednesday night this week) but if it’s as good as the video you posted above I’m looking forward to it.

I think on the Bore Da version, they’ve cut a question or two off what was shown on Tuesday, but it all kind of makes sense still :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Award Dinner Tickets

OK, I’ve just…5 minutes ago been sent an early link for the award dinner tickets.

EDIT: Thanks to Dee for being the test subject on this one, if you fill in the form on this page, it will take you to a payment screen where you can pay for your tickets. There is a vegetarian option available and you can make your intention about this known on the first form.

Anyway, enjoy… and do let me know if you’re coming.

http://eisteddfod.cymru/noson-wobrwyo-dysgwr-y-flwyddyn

2 Likes

I’ve booked my ticket, and there is a button there to pay online after you enter your details :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thanks for testing! I didn’t want to test it out incase I accidentally committed to buying more :smiley:

I’ll amend my initial post.

2 Likes

I’ve booked. Guessed my way to the end and money has left my account so I must have did it right. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Congratulations! You have just paid your first installment on a mansion that will built on the site of the Eisteddfod. Your first payment will be followed by 8000 monthly payments of £2500.

:smiley:

4 Likes

:grimacing::joy:

1 Like

It’s been pointed out to me that there isn’t a sort of “I’m with_________. Can I sit by them?” option on there.

I’ll try and find out whether I’ve got to submit names of my friends or whether people just want to meet up prior and all turn up at the same time.

Either way, will sort out.

1 Like

I’ve booked too. Please put me on an SSiW table if possible

3 Likes

I think its time for me to start a list :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ve got 2 tickets. I put a note in what I think was the dietary requirements field to ask to sit with SSiW folk. With my poor written Welsh and brutal auto-correct on my IPad who knows?

3 Likes

okay so at present, aside from myself and @LaraRobs

Dee McCarney
Philip McManamon
Elizabeth Jane Corbett
Jules Crowley +1
Neil Rowlands
Alison Stone
Phil Stone
Hishiv Shah

If you can update me with any name changes etc, and “I’ll get my people to pass onto their people”

3 Likes