Exeter Welsh Chat for Learners / Grŵp Sgwrsiau Cymraeg De Gorllewin Lloegr

Annwl Pawb
Blwyddyn Newydd Dda i chi gyd. Byddan ni’n cyfarfod tro nesa dydd Sadwrn 11eg yn y caffi Llyfrgell Canolog Caerwisg. Sut am 1yp?
Roedwn i’n meddwl bo ni’n cytuno’r dyddiad yn y cwrdd diwethaf. Dweud wrtha fi os mae amser ddim yn cyfleus.
Happy New Year everyone. We will meet next time round in the cafe in Exeter Central Library. How about 1pm? I think we agreed this date last time. Let me know if the time isn’t convenient.
A huge welcome to anyone who fancies coming along.
Hwyl
Steff

Helo Steffan, I have it in my diary for 2.30pm, which I think was the time we met last time. I may have been guessing though! I’d prefer it nearer 2pm, but will try to make it for 1pm, if that suits best.
Sandra

Dear Sandra
I’d forgotten and you’re right, 2.30pm it is!
See you there.
Steff

Annwyl pawb
Dwi wedi anghofio, naethon ni’n cytuno i cwrdd am 2.30pm dydd Sadwrn nesa. Yr un lle, caffi Llyfrgell Caerwisg. Mi fydda i’n paratoi darn bach yn Gymraeg i ddarllen, rhywbeth am hanes Cymru. Os chi isio gneud yr un peth, gwych. Welai chi wedyn.
Dear All
I had forgotten that we agreed to meet at 2.30pm on Saturday. So we’ll go for that, same place though, the cafe in the Central Exeter Library. I will prepare a small piece to read out at the meeting, something from Welsh history. If you’d like to do the same feel free, any topic at all.
See you there
Steff
@Deborah-SSi

@CatrinLliarJones

Hi @steffan-parry!

The weekly email went out yesterday morning, so I missed this unfortunately. But if you take a look at the following thread and update me with any info on future meet-ups, that would be fab. I will then make sure that all the relevant and correct information is available for all future events. Diolch! :smiley:

Hi Steffan. I’d like to join you this Saturday. See you in the library café at 2:30 if that’s ok. Jane

Looking forward to meeting you Jane.

Thank you Sandra. Likewise :blush:

Annwyl pawb, edrych ymlaen i cwrdd prynhawn 'ma. Welai chi 2.30pm yn yr Llyfrgell.
Dear All, looking forward to meeting this afternoon. A warm welcome to Jane coming along for the first time.
Steffan

Hello Steffan
I am a fairly new Welsh learner living in Brixham. I found this thread yesterday evening so I missed the opportunity to come to your latest meeting. I am really keen to have the chance to practice my basic Welsh in real conversations (although I’m also very nervous about it). I would love to come along to your group when I can. I work full time during the week and volunteer on Saturday mornings so weekends or evenings are the most likely times that I could join you. I look forward to hearing the time and place of your next meeting and hope you won’t mind if I come along?

Annwyl pawb
Aeth cyfarfod ddoe’n dda iawn, mi gaethon ni amser gwych yn y caffi Llyfrgell Caerwisg. Naethon ni sgwrsio yng Gymraeg a Saesneg. Ysgrifenon ni dipyn bach am hanes Cymru neu amdanom ni ein hunain i ddarllen i’w gilydd. Croeso i aelod newydd Jane!
The meeting yesterday went really well, we had a great time in the café in Exeter Library. We chatted in Welsh and English. We wrote small pieces about Welsh history or about ourselves, read them out and tried to translate. A very warm welcome to new member Jane!
Bydd y cyfarfod nesa ar 29 Mis Chwefror, 2pm, dal yn y caffi Llyfrgell Caerwisg.
The next meeting will be on 29th February, 2pm, still in the café in the Exeter Library.
See you there!
Steff

1 Like

Hi Catherine
Great to hear from you. We are a small but growing group and you would be most welcome to our next meeting on 29th February at 2pm. We will chat in Welsh (slowly) and English and you would be welcome to speak / listen as you feel most comfortable and try any new phrases out if you’d like. We’re very chilled and all keen to learn as much as we can from each other!
Some of us will bring a small piece in Welsh to read out, listen to and translate and I think Jane is bringing some books for us to work through.
We understand entirely you being nervous, we all were to begin with but do come along, it’s very relaxed and we all ask ‘how do you say X, Y or Z?’ very often.
Hopefully you’re free
Hwyl
Steff

1 Like

Hi Steffan, or anyone else involved with this group. We have a list of regular SSiW meet-ups which goes out to our learners in the weekly email. I would love to include details for this group as well. Currently the details we have for an Exeter group are as follows -

Exeter - FORTNIGHTLY, Mon nights, 7.30pm, The White Hart, South St, EX1 1EE (Contact @carolinewhite to check on the week)

Would you please be able to update me with regularity/dates of meet-ups, location, main contact and any other info you think I may need . Diolch! :slight_smile:

Hi Steff

I used to organise a group in Exeter but never got enough people to turn up at the same time. If I can get the time off work I will try to get to the library at the end of February.

Someone else contacted me before Christmas but I am not sure that they can make daytime but a one off might be possible.

Hope to see you soon

Caroline

Hey Caroline
Anne Greig mentioned in our very first meeting that there used to be a group in the pub. It’s a slowly growing group currently with maybe as many as six coming next time! We have links with the SE Cornwall group so a combined meet up sometime would be great. You would, of course, be very welcome indeed, it would be super to meet you. We’re very relaxed, this time we chatted in Welsh and English as needed, read out some pieces we’d written in Welsh (about ourselves and Welsh history) and translated together.
Hopefully see you in February or sometime soon thereafter.
Hwyl
Steff

Hi Catrin @CatrinLliarJones
I have updated your central record for Exeter, we meet frequently (monthly on average) but irregularly. I will be sure to tag you into all future meetings after the February one which you already have noted correctly. Please treat me as the main contact.
Diolch am gweithio yn galed amdanan ni gyd.
Steff

1 Like

hello! I am new to all this, I live in Exeter but I am from South Wales and I would love to join a Welsh speaking group. I have tonight met with a lovely lady who is doing amazing at welsh and we are hoping to come along to this meeting in the library (my welsh is basic but I am keen to learn) Hopefully we will see you there. Thank you . Georgia

Hei Georgia
Gwych! Edrych ymlaen i cyfarfod chi yn y Llyfrgell.
Great, look forward to meeting you on the 29th February, 2pm.
Steffan

Hi all!
Ive just started to learn Welsh - I have zero ability to speak yet but I would be up for meeting folk when I can say more than Sarah dw i! Haha

Hwyl!