FFIT Cymru - Podlediad Dysgwyr

OK! I’ll carry on psyching myself up! :rofl: Its easier to run than do videos!

1 Like

No, I’m unable to run with the podcast and I didn’t want to give fals impression about how I’m running every day. However I’ve recorded a little something and if my Welsh doesn’t seam too awful to you, you can give them the link. I’ll send you the link in PM.

1 Like

That was fantastic work by @Cetra and @tatjana - the tv company is thrilled with what you both did. Llongyfarchiadau

3 Likes

Thank you. But now they would like us to do some more and I have the dilema: Should I “play the role” of the real runner or should I present them my true story. Any advise on this @beca-brown?

I think they’d not complain if I say here that they’re after the people who follow the Ffit Cymru Sofa i 5K podcast to record the video of their work. So, I believe if someone would like to do this part they’d be happy to get your video. I didn’t ask them if I can share this here though so I won’t put anything more here until I do that and get their permision. What I’ve written here is just to “prepare” you and make you aware of what is still needed by them.

I’m curious though what they’ve got from our videos. What they compile from raw recordings is always so thrilling and great to watch! :slight_smile:

Diolch i bawb!

Hwyl!
Tatjana :slight_smile:

1 Like

S’mae @tatjana! We’re on S4C Clic, FFIT Cymru Pennod 5 at 28:56 mins https://www.s4c.cymru/clic/programme/805169853mins and also on iPlayer https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p08b43g7/ffit-cymru-cyfres-2020-pennod-5
Whoo hoo! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you for this! Great although I didn’t say anything really useful in their behalf. :slight_smile: You appear like the real sports woman! Gwych!

Hwyl! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think you should do whatever you’re comfortable with to be honest. And I think they’d be fine with you recruiting others if you’re not keen on doing it yourself. You’ve been very helpful to them by doing the video. I’m going to have a look at the programme now!

@beca-brown I’ve actually got an idea. I am not able to run too much BUT I can actually really follow the podcast on my stationary bike. (yah, my real bike is broken though so for now there’s no chance of repairing it or getting a new one) :slight_smile:

I believe I’ve got an idea and will do something! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There’s a walking sofa to 5k challenge too @tatjana :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That sounds excellent! I think it’s good to show that it’s flexible and can be achieved in a variety of ways… you could suggest it to Ariannell the researcher?

1 Like

You were both excellent in the programme! Well done!

2 Likes

I didn’t know that! :slight_smile:

Yes, it occured to me today that it’s not neccessary to run and to do some cycling should not be that stressfull for my eyes. Well, I always search for alternatives before I say that I really can’t do something so here we are. :slight_smile: I’ll compose something. I was a bit of slow reaction so I’m not sure how much time I still have left. You know that they provided us a link to upload videos but no time was specified. Might have another e-mail chat with Ariannell. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The walking plan is here @tatjana in case that helps! :slight_smile: https://www.ffit.cymru/en/soffa-i-5k/

Thank you @Cetra!

1 Like

Well, I’ve got the answer from Ariannell about making the videos and she says it would be great to hear from more people who’re following the 5K challenge so here’s all you need to know:

They need videos until this Tuesday 12.05.2020 (if I understood correctly). You should send them through the “web transfer” to the email ariannell.haf(at)cwmnida.tv (for all those who’re not that keen of technology, you should substitute (at) with @

She also has given me some tips how to record:

• You should record “landscape” video
  • before you set off, record yourself looking at the camera, saying who you are and what you’re going to do
  • While you’re running, record yourself looking at the camera saying how you feel and how much you’re left with (how much you still need to be done)
  • Finish with the camera moment at the end saying how it is, how you feel and encourage the others to do similar thing.

I’m not sure but I believe it has to be recorded in Welsh although there’s nothing explicitely saying about that though.

2 Likes

A new series of Ffit Cymru is starting tonight (S4C 9pm), and to go with it there’s Teulu FFIT - live fitness sessions with Rae Carpenter which start on YouTube tomorrow morning at 7.10am. There’ll be a link on social media tomorrow (before I get up probably!) so I’ll try and remember to put it here too.
in the meantime you can watch various Ffit Cymru stuff (and subscribe) here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/FFITCymru/

2 Likes

If you missed this morning’s session, you can find it here If you missed this morning’s session you can find it here https://youtu.be/dSe0pFZu92c

1 Like