Format of skype practice

That was an epic (duration) skype and thanks to all who took part
it’s so useful to listen to so much welsh which will really help when
i go to Wales in March.

i will aim to do a group call again in two weeks time.
will put a reminder up nearer the time.

Cheers J.P.

1 Like

Lovely to see @seren if you ever fancy a very disconnected, Wenglish chat to me, @seren, PM me!

1 Like

What was the duration this time, then? Did it break last week’s record? I would’ve stayed longer but she who must be obeyed (the cat) was demanding her food.

2 Likes

I had been trying to say that no dog I ever met needed to learn a word for food. Only one was not food motivated and thus virtually un-trainable and that was because she prefered her food alive and wriggling. A sweeter looking, more innocent looking little Cavalier King Charles it would be hard to find! All the rest knew how to show me they wanted food and were always game to try it on! Simply calling dog’s name means, to, say, Toffi, “Food!”. But Janet’s Sasha is very bad at coming and the others know she always gets a treat, so queue up for theirs too!!
p.s. Tish did not get fed mice, birds etc. by me! She caught them herself on walks, in the small back yard, fish in rock pools on the beach… I fed her dog food which she ate reluctantly and very slowly! She was the most cat-like canine imaginable!

1 Like

Yes it did break last week’s record. This time we’ve been in session for about 2:20 (I can say exact time when I come home and will have access to the Skype). With this said now 4 “legends” remained till the very end - @ramblingjohn (of course), @Novem, @brigitte and me wi9th very much pleasure to see @seren in action again for quite a time.

Thank you all for comming and baring with my disability of understanding some things this particular time. I didn’t have the best day ever in my life so I had a second thought not to come on chat at all but during the session I’ve got myself together and the session made me loose some tense.

So, to the next session in about 2 weeks!

hwyl!
Tatjana :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes 2 weeks (i am busy next Thursday).

on one hand i feel i want to ask people what they would like to practice
(if that would be helpful).

But must admit last night was a fine example of just see what happens
and it was great, every one helpful and cruising with the language,
da iawn pawb

Cheers J.P.

2 Likes

Yah, we’ve talked about the language(s) quite a lot even when talking about cats and dogs (not raining as a h, but real animals though) :slight_smile: We established that the word “food” they’d understand in any language … :slight_smile:

2 hours 20 - heroic effort! Ardderchog!

I was a bit down myself (following the death of singer Mark E Smith) but I often find a bit of Cymraeg is good therapy!

1 Like

If @seren joins again next time, I’d like to ask her if she still has to apply to the Embassy in Moscow to try to get a visa. Considering Bellarus is a whole different country to Russia it seemed a bit odd to me! According to the internet she can now apply to the Embassy in Minsk, but that establishment only has 2.3 out of 10 for helpfulness!

Barod i skype nos fory - ready to skype tomorrow night.

Cheers J.P.

2 Likes

Will try to be ready and plugged into mains!

Barod. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dw i’n barod

For all who can’t enable cameras here are instructions again:

Hope it helps.

Hwyl!
Tatjana

3 Likes

yr un lle, yr un amser wythnos nesaf - same time, same place next week.
diolch am de cymnu pawb - thanks for the company everyone.

Cheers J.P.

4 Likes

Janet sends apologies for interrupting, but it was my fault I lost all ability to think of anything to say in any language for most of the session!

1 Like

???

For what reason? It was not interruption at all though, at l4east not for me.

I found it great yesterday aswell and I was very happy to see @brigitte was able to join us again too. Shame @seren couldn’t make it but hopefully will she be with us next time (appearatly next week).

There were 10 of us the most at one time and until I went the session was about 1:25 (an hour and 25 mins) long. I’m not sure but I have the feeling the rest of the remaining crew when I left wasn’t there much longer though.

And, for the record … @ramblingjohn has continued on the poem/song which was mentioned on here a bit while ago. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have a new laptop. Have tested Skype and it worked! Screen on lap means I have to sit up straight and can’t easily focus on the person I am talking to, but hopefully, it will be OK and I’ll try not to forget every word of Welsh I ever knew!

1 Like

Id there’ll be any Skyping tonight I don’t know if I’ll be able to come. Technology plays nasty tricks with me today and I have some files on my exterior hard drive to save (if it will be possible to do that at all) and this takes time. It’s just an hour until that time and only tablet to disposal at the moment. I’ll try to make it anyway though but if I’m not there you know what’s happening.

For the same reason I’ve missed that “6 Months intensive test” earlier (maybe the hangout was happier without me thouh) and I’m sorry for that. I feel a bit useless when I want to help and I just am not able to though …

See you at one point of this evening or in next sessions

Hwyl!
Tatjana
:slight_smile:

Sorry folks! Phone call just as was about to start computer. Lady who cleans for us (mainly for me) on Fridays is ill and could not come. Lurched into action on computer and found skype call already asking me to join. Down hill all the way. Nothing seemed to work as I expected. Think it’s a new version of Skype. Will take tutorial before next session, but all that made every word of Cymraeg vanish from my mind!