Thank YOU David, and I hope you do! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Diolch Gisella! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sequel/companion volume underway! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Excellent…

1 Like

I’m getting working welsh for Christmas, to go with basic welsh, colloquial welsh and modern Welsh :santa:

3 Likes

Diolch Stephen! :slight_smile:

Croeso

Finally, mission accomplished!

(I know there are a few more, but for my purposes, I now consider myself to have a full set of @garethrking 's works :grin: )

4 Likes

Blimey and iasgobanw, Hendrik - you’ve got more than ME!! :open_mouth:

4 Likes

If you’re after anyone to read a draft of your next publication, @garethrking, I think Hendrik’s the person :joy:

3 Likes

I have four of them now, but the Comprehensive Grammar will have to wait until a) I’ve finished the two workbooks so I can appreciate the full grammar, and b) my savings have appreciated so I can afford it. :grinning:

Though, if anyone is a bit more advanced than me and is looking for a copy, Routledge have 20% off on the paperback

https://www.routledge.com/Modern-Welsh-A-Comprehensive-Grammar/King/p/book/9781138826304?cjevent=CjwKCAiAy_CcBhBeEiwAcoMRHKhqvhs5QoLteG6rfs9u0I-YTNgqTnuagXU2SsmOMoOoEeDT1I-tyxoCW_4QAvD_BwE&gclid=CjwKCAiAy_CcBhBeEiwAcoMRHKhqvhs5QoLteG6rfs9u0I-YTNgqTnuagXU2SsmOMoOoEeDT1I-tyxoCW_4QAvD_BwE#

Tempting…

1 Like

Consider this post a pre-pre-order :wink:

4 Likes

Very brave, Siaron - you might hate it!! :open_mouth:

I notice six other titles are on discount at the moment, including the Reader which (inexplicably) @Hendrik doesn’t appear to have.

Routledge and CRC Press Welsh Books

2 Likes

Shame on me. In my language learning endeavours so far I have never come across any “Reader” type books, so the thought that such a book might be of interest to me never even began crossing my mind.

See, in my world, there were two types of books: books in the target language, and books explaining the target language. I was today years old when I found out that a “Reader” is actually an intriguing combination of both.

I didn’t notice that one, thanks… Looks intriguing for when I’m a bit further along and ready for it, in a few days/weeks/months/years/decades [delete according to current level of deluded optimism…].

Sure - and I’ll let you know if I see any of these hovering over the back garden… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

(@garethrking) I notice six other titles are on discount at the moment, including the Reader.

(@David_B) Looks intriguing for when I’m a bit further along and ready for it, in a few days/weeks/months/years/decades [delete according to current level of deluded optimism…].

Or hours, in fact.

David ydw i, a llyfrholig.

I think you would like it, Hendrick - it’s got graded authentic reading pieces, each one with dedicated vocabulary list and grammatical notes,

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like