Golden opportunity to practice Welsh in Wales!

Yes it is predictable but hard to plan around… :slight_smile: if inconveniences to my travel plans are the worst things that happen I’m fine with that…

Hopefully I’ll get there earlier in the week rather than later. I’ll let you know as I know… Fingers Crossed!

Hope you’re okay, and wishing you safe travels…

3 Likes

@aran - hope nothing went wonky over the weekend! Are you able to join us at Caffi Maes tomorrow?

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder to confirm! :star: :star2:

Yup, I’ll be there for 12 - possibly a little drained and tender and in need of extra strong coffee, but still [quick self-check… yes!] alive:slight_smile:

1 Like

See you guys at 12:00 ish then

Thank you @Baruch and @ChrisTaylor (and @aran of course) for a lovely afternoon in Caffi Maes :smiley:

2 Likes

Lovely to see you all - sorry I couldn’t stay for longer! :slight_smile:

Hey guys, remember I said there was a gentleman in the cafe who overheard some of our conversation and spoke to me while I was ordering our second panads?

Well it was J Elwyn Hughes and this was the book he mentioned:

:smiley:

4 Likes

Hoping that this is the correct place to post this, or should we start a Welsh Speaking Settlement thread?
Glyn Neath -
Although it’s only just “up the road” from me, I tend only to pop in for the Esso Garage (Tesco). It has a Cymraeg feel to it although I’ve never actually heard any spoken on the off-chance. I’m hopeful though, as I have heard Welsh in Neath.
Does anyone have any first-hand Knowledge?

Incidentally, I nicked this bit of history from Wiki:
Glynneath is home to the ruins of Aberpergwm House. Once owned by Rhys ap Siancyn, Aberpergwm House became the home of the Williams family, Welsh gentry with a strong tradition of using the Welsh language over English.

3 Likes