Golden opportunity to practice Welsh in Wales!

Aran: That date is fine by me.

Baruch

1 Like

Itā€™s in the calendarā€¦:slight_smile: Iā€™ll confirm on the Monday, if thatā€™s okay?

@siaronjames told me about this lunch and I hope I wonā€™t be crashing? :)ā€¦ BTW, @aran, Iā€™m almost done with the application I promised youā€¦ itā€™s been a bit more convoluted than I imagined to deploy. :).

2 Likes

More the merrier - but be aware Iā€™m not confirming until the Monday, in case anything has gone wonky over the weekend (my mother is moving to live with us on the Friday before!)ā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can definitely be around from 12.30ish (itā€™ll just take a couple of minutes to walk up from the office!).

Ah - Baruch, in that case how about aiming for 12 instead of 11?

Unfortunately, Iā€™m away for some of the time that youā€™re here but I will definitely come along to the Welsh class and I look forward to meeting you there ā€¦and having a pint or two afterwards!! :wink:

Siaron/Aran,
So let me check to avoid misunderstanding (anddeallt? How does one misunderstand in Cymraeg?): about 12 oā€™r gloch Tues 12 Sep Caffi Maes (good reviews!) Caernarfon? Any problems I can be emailed, and Iā€™ll send my mobile number privately. Meeting two people! Iawn! Gwych!

Baruch

1 Like

Possibly meeting 3 if @Bobi can make it too! :wink:

Letā€™s go ahead and put 12.00 on the 12th in the diaries with the proviso that @aran will confirm on Monday 11th - Iā€™ll be there*** even if anything crops up that prevents Aran getting there.

:slight_smile:

***Edit to say: Iā€™ll be there as close to 12.30 as I can!

1 Like

That would be wonderful. If I get there before you, Iā€™ll be the one lying under the table trying to mumble something in Welsh :slight_smile: ā€¦

1 Like

Siaron: sounds good to me.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be there!

2 Likes

Camddeall

3 Likes

Bobi,

It would be really nice if I were able to meet you also. The whole point of my trip to Wales is to practice my Welsh, and I canā€™t think of a better way to do it than with my fellow SSiW colleagues. Itā€™s also nice to realise that behind our digital social media world there are actually real people. Great if we can meet up in Caernarfon.

Baruch

1 Like

Sounds great to me! I arrive in Wales the day before our scheduled lunch, probably early evening and will be there through Friday. Iā€™ll pm you my contact details. Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Iā€™ll be there too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looking forward to meeting you Chris!

Looks like I wonā€™t be able to make it. Irma has killed my travel plans. I should be there later in the week, though. Yā€™all enjoy!

oh no! well whenever you do make it, travel safe and give me another shout - I get a lunch hour every day!

1 Like

The dreadful recent news coverage from the Caribbean and Southern US has made this sadly predictable. :frowning:

The Tresaith experience will wipe away (some of) the trauma. :smile:

1 Like