Gŵyl Newydd - Newport Welsh Festival

Shwmae everyone!

Various Welsh language organisations in Newport are coming together to host a FREE Welsh language festival between 12pm and 4pm on Saturday 15th September at Malpas Court, Newport.

There’ll be loads of activities, stalls and live music. The event is open to everyone, more information is available on the poster below.

There will also be various events across Gwent in the week leading up to the festival, including a history talk at the Cwtsh on Stow Hill on Monday night. Details below:

Hwyl am y tro,

Thomas

More events during the week…

Rhisiart Arwel will be performing at the Woodfield Arms, Chepstow on Wednesday, 12/9/18.

More events confirmed for next week…

Just a reminder that the main event takes place tomorrow at Malpas Court!

You can reach the venue by taking the number 19 bus from Newport city centre or if you’re coming down from Pontypool/Cwmbran the 15 or X3 buses will stop nearby.

Croeso i bawb!

Well the event was a success! We had hundreds of visitors. A massive diolch to SSIW regulars @cuckoo and @jamesmahoney for all their help on the day. They were absolutely bendigedig fair play. Great to see @llanddinol there too!

Roll on next year!

Yes it was a real treat, the school choirs and Mei Gwynedd were great. By the way Cor y Dreigiau
had some good feedback too.

I went to this festival with my daughter (who doesn’t speak welsh) and my baby granddaughter and we had a lovely time. My granddaughter (aged 6 months) really enjoyed the story and song session for young children (and so did Nana :laughing:) and my daughter is now looking into taking her to a welsh playgroup (cylch ti a fi). We listened to some nice music outside but, unfortunately, we couldn’t stay any longer as the baby needed a feed. I also managed to speak quite a bit of welsh - especially with the lady running the story and song session who had learnt welsh herself and spoke very clearly. I’m looking forward to going again next year.