How good is your Welsh?

S’mae Luke. Lle wyt ti’n byw yn staffordshire ? Dw i’n byw yn newcastle under lyme

1 Like

Dw i’n byw yn Stone a dw i’n mynd i Prifysgol Keele. Dw i’n Lefel 1 rŵan - not quite your level I imagine!

1 Like

Living in Stoke on Trent it’s difficult to get speaking opportunities but I’m finding watching Pobol y Cwm is helping with listening. I don’t catch everything as it seems so fast but it’s good to hear natural spoken welsh.
Other than that, regular listening to Radio Cymru I’m convinced has to help at some point.

2 Likes

Well, you’re much braver than I am, then. When I first heard Welsh in a dream, I ran away. :flushed:

2 Likes

Well done! I really, really want to dream in Welsh. Using Cymraeg of course! Sadly, the nearest I have got is waking up in the morning and the first thing that pops into my head, is a word or couple of words in Welsh. Perhaps the dreaming bit comes next!

1 Like

That is a hugely promising sign, so yes, you’re on the right path… :star2:

3 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

My alter-ego speaks perfect Welsh, has scored fifty tries for Wales, sings better than Bryn Terfel and has a day job, saving the world as Welsh ambassador to the UN. Then unfortunately I wake-up.

3 Likes

:wink:

5 Likes