How this forum works

Hello, and welcome to the SaySomethingin forums! [You can get rid of this message by clicking the blue cross over there in the top right hand corner :slight_smile: ]

Our forum rules are pretty simple.

They boil down to:

Play nicely… :slight_smile:

That means not saying anything nasty about people, and making a particular effort to be friendly and cheerful. Sometimes, that can feel a little unnatural - but if you need to vent, you can do that somewhere else, like Twitter. Here, we want everyone to feel welcome and able to ask questions and get helpful answers, so we’ve found over the years that the extra effort is well worth it… :slight_smile:

And when I say ‘well worth it’ - I mean this place is like a family - to Catrin and myself, and to many, many others. In time, it might start to feel like that to you, as well… :slight_smile:

One other point - slightly unexpectedly for a forum about learning languages, we ask you not to post in your target language only - except on threads specifically for practising writing, like this one for Welsh: Be' 'dach chi'n gwneud rwan? A phethau arall yn Gymraeg - A topic to practice Welsh, open to all!

We always have new learners arriving for the very first time, and if they see posts they can’t even begin to understand, they often feel less confident about posting themselves.

We’re looking forward to getting to know you… :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

4 Likes