June Bwtcamp Mehefin 2020 - ***Fully Booked***

Maybe the course organisers can lead a discussion or set us some tasks to keep us on our toes.

Yes - sounds good :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Iestyn Iā€™ve heard that the June Bwtcamp may be cancelled :frowning: Are you able to confirm yet please? :slight_smile:

Hi folks - Iā€™ve emailed Iestyn to ask if he could update here - I think we need to accept that itā€™s very unlikely to be able to go ahead as scheduled, with Wales already having stated that Welsh schools wonā€™t be returning on the 1st of Juneā€¦

So we will of course operate on the same basis as for the previously postponed Bootcamp in April - we will run a replacement Bootcamp when itā€™s safe to do so, and we will also let June 2020 Bootcampers take a place on any subsequent Bootcamp of their choice if they canā€™t make the replacement (but weā€™ll try as hard as possible to find a date which works for as many of you as possible!).

Any questions, PM me here or drop us a line at admin@saysomethingin.com - and Iā€™m really very sorry that it doesnā€™t look as though weā€™ll be able to keep to the June datesā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

Shw mae, Bawb?

I came to say just what Aran said - it certainly looks as though we will have social distancing rules in place for an extended period here, and it would be very difficult to maintain a 2m gap at the centre before you even start to talk about activities and the like. So Junes is looking to be out of reach as far as Bwtcamp is concerned.

I love the idea of a zoom meet-up during Bwtcamp week - Youā€™ve been brilliant together, and hopefully we can keep you together as a team for a real life bwtcamp - when we know a bit more about the future of lockdown, we can start to plan.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I assume Iā€™m the last of the group to do this, but please forgive my shamefully late introductionā€¦ when Iestynā€™s email came around, I was hurriedly trying to get my head around doing my job online, and I forgot to do it. Two little isolated kids have kept me occupied ever since! A lot has changed since then, but still, even if weā€™re only virtual for the foreseeable, Iā€™m here nowā€¦

Anyway, you all seem like great company, and I dearly hope we can get together at some point.

So, my name is Gwilym - or Gwil - and I live in rural Cambridgeshire. I have two sons, five and two years old, who are taking up most of my time at the moment, but my ā€˜realā€™ job is as a university lecturer in English.

My main reason for wanting to learn Welsh is to recover one of the languages that was lost in the family with my grandparents. The literary scholar in me also wants to understand cynghanedd properly. Iā€™ve been avoiding taking the plunge on boot camp for longer than I care to admit.

I love to cycle, and was looking forward to bringing my bike to wales for some hills, which are so badly lacking in my neighbourhood. I also play guitar - hopefully we can have a proper jam somewhere in the future!

All the best,

Gwilym

1 Like

Donā€™t think you are the last as I did not send anything. I was rather confused as I thoughtsome of the posts were from people doing the April camp, but maybe I got that wrong. Easily confused!
Anyway, I live in Radcliffe on Trent near Nottingham although I am originally from Pontypool. I am retired, having done various jobs, the majority in the health and legal fields. I promised myself I would learn Welsh when I retired, and am making disappointingly slow progress but I do try! Did one bwt camp last June and was so looking forward to doing one this yearā€¦
Hobbies are trying to learn to dance and play the uke, a bit of running (mostly just park runs) walking, cycling, theatre and cinema and i love to travel. So far we have cancelled 5 holidays this year because of the corona virus!
Would love to meet up on Zoom with you all and hope we can finally meet face to face.

Hi Pawb.
My name is Marion and Iā€™m booked on to the June bootcamp so fingers crossed it will still go ahead. I live in Cardiff and work full time and have been learning with Ssiw for about 18mths now.
Really looking forward to meeting you all. If there is a Zoom meeting please invite me!!

Only just read the thread above :frowning: . A wise decision though . Look forward to a later date

Hello folks, i am booked onto June bootcamo but clearly that isnā€™t going to happen. Is the plan to shift the April and June dates into 2021?
Thanks
Gareth M

Yes, very much so - and to try to find dates that will work for everyone, so that two clearly very positive groups can end up actually meeting in real life! - but if we canā€™t, weā€™ll let people from these Bootcamps take the option of a place on any other bootcamp. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Diolch Aran. I was just wondering how this was going to work when I relapsed the original June date it not very far away
Thanks, Gareth

Hello and to the ā€˜nearlyā€™ Bootcamp people!

My plan next week is to immerse myself as much as possible by attending every Hangout (if I can), listening to Radio Cymru, watching S4C , reading everything Welsh I have and having daily conversations with my Welsh cousin :slightly_smiling_face:.

Sounds like things are slightly easing and hope to meet everyone soon - if not on Hangouts next week!

Best wishes
Julie

1 Like

Iā€™ve enrolled on a Dysgu Cymraeg ā€œSummer Schoolā€ course on-line for the week! :slight_smile: 9am - 1pm every day (with breaks) and only Ā£10 :slight_smile: https://learnwelsh.cymru/learning/find-a-course/

1 Like

Ooh - interesting! Diolch!

1 Like