Level 2 is a killer!

I am having trouble with level 2 (To be fair it probably started with the last couple of challenges from level 1). I am not even close to saying the phrases before the answer. I just finished challenge 10 and my brain is scrambled. I have been trying to go back a redo the earlier challenges but before I know it, it is the next week and I still need to complete the last weeks challenges. I will keep plugging along and trying to review when I can. I know some of it is sticking because when the odd sentences from level 1 shows up, it feels easy.

S’mae Breanden,
Don’t be disheartened. Request that the course is paused and work your way through the last few level 1 challenges that caused you trouble until your happy to move on. Then restart level 2 but remember to pause the exercise each time to give you time to compose your thoughts for the responses before continuing . I’ve had a few level one exercises that have just not stuck so I’ve paused for a week or two until I’ve got it together in my head. Don’t put yourself under unnecessary pressure. A week or two here and there matters not an iota of it helps you learn.
Good luck moving on.
Hwyl,
Gareth

2 Likes

I don’t usually use the pause button when I do the challenges but maybe I should. I have some time this week that I plan to run through some of the earlier challenges to reinforce the material. That should help.

Diolch

I try not to use the pause if I can get away with it but some times it just has to be done,
Croeso,

1 Like

Keep at it. I think I struggled at first but even with lots of breaks due to work I’ve noticed things sticking. Maybe do a few minutes at a time until it gets easier

1 Like

Well @Breandan, all I can say is that if you’ve gone through the whole of Level 1 without using the pause button and it’s only now in Level 2 that you’re first feeling the effects of brain scrambling, then you’re doing brilliantly well! Many of us experience that brain mush phenomenon much sooner, and as for the pause button I know that I couldn’t have progressed without it. Don’t be afraid to use it when you need it; and whilst it’s not a bad idea to go over 1 or 2 challenges you found particularly difficult, don’t aim for perfection but keep pressing forward. At the same time, as Gareth has said, there’s no reason not to pause the course if you’re feeling under pressure with it.

1 Like

Well just a quick note about the pause button: I wouldn’t have gone past lesson 2 of Level 1 without it!
And even now, after finishing Level 3, I could not do old many old challenges without using it at least once in a while and especially for longer sentences.

But the method worked just fine!

1 Like

I use the pause button to try and recall the English rather than having problems with the Welsh. The long sentences are… well quite long.

3 Likes

I actually felt the brain scrambling much earlier it is just more pronounced in level 2. I don’t think I will need to pause the course but I may start using the pause button for individual challenges. I also need to catch up on the other homework which if I had been doing at the correct time would probably have helped. Either way, the course is brilliant and I feel confident that I will be able to hold some good conversations by the end of the 6 months.

3 Likes