Llon-dain - The Touring London Meet Up

I’ve just seen this in time! This week’s newsletter is uploaded ready to go out, but I’ll make a quick edit to get your meetup in. Great to see the Llon-dain Meetups starting up again!

2 Likes

Hi @peterallen - I would have loved to join you, as I came on the last one by the Olympic Park just before the first lockdown, and really enjoyed it (the walk, not the lockdown!). But it’s my son’s 10th birthday on Sunday so I’m not free this time. Looking forward to the next one though! Hope all is well with you.

1 Like

Hi David, it was a bit short notice too but there will be more! Thanks for the message. Hwyl.

1 Like

Hi Peter, I have kept looking and am pleased to see Llon-dain is up and running again. I hope you have had a great walk and better weather than we are having today on our boat in Leicestershire. I’ll look forward to joining your future walks. Elizabeth

Thanks Elizabeth, really nice to hear from you again but who needs good weather when you are on a boat!! Hwyl.

I live in South Croydon so a Dulwich sounds great. I work shifts though so I would not necessarily be able to make every meeting :blush:

I’m away sadly but would love to come if there is another planned :blush:

If you make this thread as ‘follow’ then you should be able to see future activity. It won’t always be Dulwich as we tend to go to different places in London. Hwyl.

2 Likes

The next Llon-dain walk will be on the 10th October in Hampstead Heath. It will start at 2.00pm and end in a pub. Exact details not sorted yet but, if you can, put this in your diary. The walk is for any levels of Welsh so all will be welcome. @Deborah-SSi. Looking forward to seeing you there.

2 Likes

Gwych! Wela i ti yno, @peterallen :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Edrychaf ymlaen ato. Gobeithio bydd y trenau Thameslink yn rhedeg y dydd Sul yna.

1 Like

I will be relying on Thameslink so, yes, gobeithio, it is running. Watch out for the meeting point decision.

Ah pants! That’s the second one in a row I can’t make due to other commitments. How frustrating. I need a less busy life! :sob:

That’s a real shame, it would have been good to see you again. Anyway, plenty more in the future. Hwyl.

Hi, a reminder that the next Llon-dain is on Sunday 10th October. We will be meeting at the lido cafe in the south east corner of Hampstead Heath at 2.00pm. The nearest station is Gospel Oak but there are others not too far away too eg Kentish Town. Look forward to seeing those who can make it. Hwyl. @Deborah-SSi

1 Like

Sorry, Peter. I was really looking forward to it but a an elderly friend has to go into hospital on Monday for a couple of weeks or so and there is no-one else to look after his very elderly cat. So, I am collecting her on Sunday to foster her for the duration. I need to be with her to help her settle. Hopefully you will organise another walk soon in North London and I shall be able to come. Enjoy yourselves.

Will put some pictures up so you can feel that you were almost there! Hope everything goes okay with the fostering and your friend recovers quickly. Cheers.

Really enjoyed the sgwrs and the walk on the heath, Peter. Diolch yn fawr! Wela i ti nes ymlaen!

3 Likes

Great to have been on the walk with everyone and to see the view of London from Hampstead Heath. Another Llon-dain soon.

3 Likes

Are there any meet-up happening in South East London any time soon?