Llon-dain - The Touring London Meet Up

The next Llon-dain will be on Sunday the 21st August at 2.00pm. The plan is to meet outside the Elizabeth Line station at Canary Wharf and go for a walk south past the docks and down to the city farm before returning up the east side along the river and ending in The Gun tavern. More details to come later. @Deborah-SSi

4 Likes

I would like to come along to this. I’m in Wapping so just up the road!

1 Like

Sounds great Peter. Hopefully, I’ll be able to attend.

1 Like

Oh I think I might come along too if that’s ok - I’m down in Greenwich, so not far at all!

1 Like

I am going to try and come. Thanks

1 Like

I would like to join you on this group. I’ve been learning Welsh since lockdown. Hope that’s ok.

2 Likes

Hi, all are welcome regardless of level of Welsh. I will post something nearer the day to confirm exactly where we will meet so make sure you get notifications for this thread. Hwyl.

2 Likes

I’m newish to SSiW so this group is also new to me, but I’d really like to come along on 21st August, to meet at Canary Wharf, if I’ve understood the plan correctly! Sounds great.

2 Likes

Hi All, just a reminder that the next Llon-dain is on this Sunday at 2.00pm. We will meet at the exit to the Elizabeth Line in Canary Wharf. This will be the exit under the covered elevated pathway (it will make sense once you see it). The Elizabeth Line is not connected to the Jubilee Line so, if you are coming on the Jubilee Line, you ideally should leave the station at the main (west) entrance/exit and turn right and walk straight through the shopping centre until you come out the other side.
The walk will be about 4 miles and the plan is to end in The Gun pub but, being very popular, it may be busy so we may need to find something in Canary Wharf.
Looking forward to seeing everyone. Remember, every level of Welsh is welcome. Hwyl, Peter @Deborah-SSi

2 Likes

S’mae Peter
Just to say I plan to be there and hope I find the right place!
Jenny

1 Like

S’mae Jenny, looking forward to seeing you. There are two entrances to the Elizabeth Line though I think one is entry and one is exit. It is the one under a pedestrian walkway where we will meet.

1 Like

I’m sorry to bail on you at the last minute, I said I was interested in joining you. I am, but I have to work.

Sorry, I think I managed to wait at the wrong exit? The forum wouldn’t load on my phone to check, aaaargh!

Oh no, I am so sorry Rob, I was watching the forum to see for any comments so obviously missed this. It was a nice walk and I will make the meeting a bit more straightforward the next time.
Tim - no problem, perhaps next time.

Oh no worries, glad it was a good walk :slight_smile: I’ll have to come along to the next one!

Had a lovely time walking along the docks and the river Thames as well as walking through a farm on the way to the pub. Looking forward to the next walk.

3 Likes

S’mae Lorraine
I would be happy to come up to Camberwell to see if it would work for us. My daughter lives not too far from you ( Herne Hill) so I might be able to combine a meet-up with a visit to her, too. I live in Redhill and would come up by train. I have been learning Welsh for a year, now.
Jenny

A[quote=“peterallen, post:1, topic:17465, full:true”]
Thanks to @Nicky for the idea for this but apologies that I didn’t ask him if I could nick the concept!!

Several people have posted here about having meet ups in various parts of London so I thought I would gauge opinion about having a regular one where we meet in different parts on a Saturday. So, the question is, who might be interested?

No date yet but, as I live in Dulwich, for the first one I thought a coffee in the café in the park in the afternoon with a walk through Dulwich Woods and Sydenham Woods afterwards ending in a pub that has a garden (Dulwich Wood House) for a drink and possibly food.

So, let me know if you would be up for this or have any other ideas.

@KateM @Richard636363
[/quote]

Schmae Jenny a meet up would be nice. let me know when it is convenient for you. the nearest station is Denmark Hill.
Ruskin Park would be nice if the weather is fine and there is a Costa in Camberwell.

Lorraine

1 Like

Schmae Jenny
A meet up would be nice. Let me know when it convenient for you. The nearest station is Denmark Hill.
Ruskin Park would be nice if the weather is fine, or there is a costa in camberwell.

Lorraine

Thanks again for taking the effort to arrange this walk Peter- it was an extremely enjoyable afternoon.

1 Like