Llyfr Glas Nebo in the 'Stiwt, Rhosllanerchrugog

The theatre company Frân Wen are touring with the play of Manon Steffan Ros’s amazing book Llyfr Glas Nebo next year.

I intend going to see the play in the 'Stiwt, Rhos on the 20th of February next year. If anyone is interested in coming along to see this with me please let me know and I can order the tickets.

I don’t want to leave it too late before ordering so will only wait till next weekend (13th) then I’ll order my ticket (and any others) when the box office opens during the following week.

5 Likes

Thanks for flagging this up @gruntius . I had a look at their website, to see it was touring anywhere near me, and was cheered to find it’s coming to Caernarfon, Pwllheli, Cardiff, Brecon, Aberystwyth, Pontypridd, Carmarthen, Pontardawe, Dyffryn Aeron and Bangor! So no excuse for missing it. Full details and dates at:

http://www.franwen.com/en/events/llyfr-glas-nebo/

6 Likes

Whoo-hoo!

Already booked… :wink:

that night is Clwb Gwawr and I was supposed to be organising a quiz but I think I will see if people would prefer to go to this as its only on the one night. Do you think tickets will sell quickly?

BUMP

And also to say that I’ll be ordering my ticket tomorrow. If anyone wants me to buy them a ticket this is your last chance. :grin:

Looks like I’ll be there on my own. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’ll come! Sounds fab, great book - buy me a ticket if you haven’t bought yours yet, and I’ll send you the money :slightly_smiling_face:

If you’re sure Mark, brilliant. I’ll book tomorrow. You can pay on the night if you insist. :grinning:

Sounds like a great night out to me - it’s in my diary. Thanks for organising it :+1:

1 Like

So we went to see this last weekend in The Galeri, Caernarfon, and wow!

I won’t give away any spoilers. But it’s a very powerful production - take Kleenex and have a stiff drink before going in. It’s a production which asks a lot of the audience.

An excellent play with some spectacular acting and well worth going to see - you won’t be disappointed.

1 Like

Echoing what Catrin has said. I went to see it with another learner friend last week and we both really enjoyed it. The way in which the drama works with flashbacks, puppets, staging etc is brilliant and our lack of understanding of all of the dialogue 100% didn’t at all detract from that.

Just a note of caution that for us both, it really helped that we’d both read the book first as I don’t think our fluency levels would have coped with all of it otherwise…:rofl:
Theatr Fran Wen have produced a learners’ pack, which we found v useful in giving more context on some of the content. You can find it here:

http://www.franwen.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/PecynDysgwyrLlyfrGlasNebo.pdf

2 Likes

@CatrinLliarJones @Stine
Both Mark and I have read it before and I’ve just finished it for a second time. Really looking forward to it. Thanks for the tips.

2 Likes

Perfect, then. Hope you have a great evening. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed!

2 Likes