Llyncu Geiriau - new series - more contestants wanted!

The ladies did very well y bore ma! I Mind, i was yelling Anthony Hopkins, but we are much of an age!

1 Like

Indeed they did. They seemed much better prepared than us chaps

Da iawn ti! Poor Neil, Parallel Cymru must be licking his wounds and wishing he hadnot drawn two ladies like you! Was 47 a record score?

Diolch yn fawr @henddraig. I was told on the way out that 47 is a record score!

1 Like

@llanddinol i think your team was given much more difficult words to translate! Not fair! I also tend to think a lot of crosdword, like guacomoli and champagne was more likely to occur to younger folk. Well done witj words out of long word! Oh, and I would not have guessed Kilamonjaro untl last clue!Difficult to make that quiz fair!

Yes, we were well and truly beaten! Also, it was filmed at the start of October, and since then I’ve been using Welsh for several hours a day and definitely improved…

Anyway, it was a great experience and I enjoyed the opportunity to be in the studio. I thoroughly recommend it to other learners when the production company Boom next look for cannon fodder cheerful learners.

2 Likes

@heddraig - I must admit that I did feel that their questions were easier but it was still an enjoyable experience and for someone living in the most Anglicised part of Wales a chance to meet new people and speak Welsh all the time. I would do it again if asked!
Several parts of the initial recording were edited out of the programme shown on S4C

That does not surprise me! I have seen parts of a movie being made and evidence of cut and paste in TV, so I never believed quiz shows were immune. In fact ‘Have I got News for You’ on BBC1 makes a feature of it by having a longer version on the following Monday night at a later time called, “Have I got more news for you!”

And “The News Quiz” on Radio 4 does exactly the same. :slight_smile:
I attended a studio recording of “Black Books” once. It was ok, but they had to stop and do so many retakes etc, it got a bit boring, to be honest. The warm-up man kept us entertained in the periods when nothing much seemed to be happening on set. Very good he was too. Must be a special skill. There was also a very good warm-up man for a recording of Mastermind we went to. Talking of warm-up, the seating area on both occasions was freezing! I shall try to remember to dress warmly for any future studio recordings! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have mentioned elsewhere listening to Radio Wales in Yorkshire and hearing a clip from tne previous day. The ‘warm up man’ had been so good that they played a tiny bit, a song about the Lions tour with the punch line, “And they’re calling their little daughter Barry John!” It was brilliant. I stayed home to hear it again and was late to work! Tne ‘act’ was some unknown chap called Max Boyce! So maybe your’s will end up famous too!

1 Like

I re-watched my episode just before it got taken down and I have improved in my Welsh too. However my ability to remember a series of images hasn’t and still gives me nightmares.

Did they do anything with the post-quiz interviews we did?

1 Like

I have no idea. Something was mentioned about Face Book but I am not a great follower so would not know if there was anything there.