London Learners - Mererid Hopwood

An opportunity to hear brilliant poet and author π‘΄π’†π’“π’†π’“π’Šπ’… π‘―π’π’‘π’˜π’π’π’… - an outstandingly good speaker and a star of the Hay Festival.
Professor Hopwood has won the Chair (first woman), Crown and Prose Medal at the National Eisteddfod and most recently, in 2016, the Welsh Book of the Year prize for her collection of poems, Nes Draw.
She has spent her career in languages, literature, education and the arts, has composed words for musicians & visual artists and has spoken in literature festivals in Europe, Asia and South America.

Venue: Eglwys Gymraeg Canol Llundain / The Welsh Church of Central London
30 Eastcastle Street, London W1 (2-3 minutes’ walk from Oxford Circus)
❗️Date: Saturday 7th May @ 2 pm

The talk will be bilingual - as are all services and activities at the church. In my experience, the many Welsh speakers are always very happy to help and encourage learners to practise!

Mererid%20H1

1 Like

This is an absolutely fantastic opportunity for any SSiWers who can make it. Mererid is an excellent speaker, extremely supportive and encouraging to learners, and with a wealth of experiences that are really interesting to listen to. I can’t recommend this highly enough!

1 Like

After posting this in our Slack support workspace, Jane responded with the link to this YouTube video of Mererid presenting at the Hay Festival. It’s well worth a watch - slight compensation if you can’t get to London on Saturday:

3 Likes

this video appeared in my recommendations.